2520 popping out of 4WD

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #41  
Hey Tom
I wouldn't do that.That may have been your problem in the first place,too much down pressure with your foot.
I know there are probably owners that do this all the time with no problems, but the lever has a knob on it,and I would look at that as something to be moved with your hand. IMO, if it was meant to be moved with your foot it would be designed differently.
Hey,maybe I'm full of it,but that's my .02.:)

Greg

It is a foot activated lever. Too much pressure could have damaged it but surely it would have need designed to handle a reasonable amount of pressure.

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD
It is a foot activated lever. Too much pressure could have damaged it but surely it would have need designed to handle a reasonable amount of pressure.

Please take at look at my thread "Warning to all 2520 owners..." The manual says to avoid damage use hand to engage... take a look...:thumbsup:

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #43  

How do you figure that is a foot activated lever? Because of a video?
If that is JD's idea of a foot activated lever,some engineer is getting paid way too much money.
Funny,I never even thought of the lever that way. I always thought,and still do think of it as a hand engagement lever. One thing for sure,I'll never have to worry about applying too much pressure.:)

Greg

My other post got removed for some reason?? The warning for 2520 owners is not to use your foot on the lever for 4wd. My manual says to use your hand only.... I can't say for any other JD tractors but Greg you are correct, it is a hand lever and not a foot lever!!!! The JD video shows her using her foot and my sales guy said it was a foot lever but the manual says different!!!! I would advise against using your foot with this lever or yproblems have problems like I am...

2011-06-25_18-44-49_835.jpg

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #45  
The service manual for the 2520 actually makes a point about how easy it is to lose the balls and spring when disassembling or reassembling the output shaft and collar. I'm guessing that it was a mistake during the assembly at the factory and slip in quality control that it didn't get caught. It's unfortunate that Tom happened to get the one tractor that anyone seems to have ever had with this issue with.

What matters is that John Deere makes it right and he's satisfied with the outcome. It's just unfortunate that they have to do some major disassembly to get to the problem.

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #46  
Wonder why they actually show it being engaged with a foot (boot) in a video? Man,JD better get their sh*t together when it comes to their manual information.
So much is either outdated or wrong for specific models,and for once,the manual actually states something that is correct,but then they (JD) have a video that completely contradicts the manual!:confused2::confused2:

Greg

Wonder why they actually show it being engaged with a foot (boot) in a video? Man,JD better get their sh*t together when it comes to their manual information.
So much is either outdated or wrong for specific models,and for once,the manual actually states something that is correct,but then they (JD) have a video that completely contradicts the manual!:confused2::confused2:

Greg

It was one of the things that sold me on the tractor, I thought how nice that would be when you needed it just engage with your foot like the video..... I guess I was bamboozled!!! I still love the tractor and it has done a ton of work for me... I just wish that when I watched all the videos before I bought the tractor they were correct or I would have never used my foot!!!

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #48  
Tom I posted to your earlier thread that apparently had been moved.
Yes it's a problem to show that women engaging the 4wd with her boot heal.

I am also a little irriitated that they are also still showing the stow and go feature on the 62D deck that others tell me is no longer available. :mad:

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #49  
My other post got removed for some reason?? The warning for 2520 owners is not to use your foot on the lever for 4wd. My manual says to use your hand only.... I can't say for any other JD tractors but Greg you are correct, it is a hand lever and not a foot lever!!!! The JD video shows her using her foot and my sales guy said it was a foot lever but the manual says different!!!! I would advise against using your foot with this lever or yproblems have problems like I am...

2011-06-25_18-44-49_835.jpg

As illustrated with other posts. They are not necessarily accurate. If it is a hand lever, could JD have it moved to an even harder location to reach it "on the fly "?

/ 2520 popping out of 4WD #50  
If it is a hand lever, could JD have it moved to an even harder location to reach it "on the fly "?

Yeah,really!:confused:
I'm guessin' because it's coming out of the transmission,is why it's in that location,but then again,so is the range lever.
I'm sure they could have engineered the 4WD lever to be right up there with the range lever.............yes?:)

Hey JD,are you reading any of this?

Greg