2xxx series users??

/ 2xxx series users?? #11  
I'd love a report back as well as I'm in your exact same situation. I stopped by Tazewell the beginning part of the year interested in the 1430 only to find that they aren't stocking those due to the change to the gas motors. Thought about a 425 as well but I really want/need a diesel powered machine for that kind money.

I just now realized a couple days ago that the 2430 are still in stock with the diesel power and that you can get them without the backhoe (I already have a small mini-ex). Would love to get your impression on the 2430. Also curious as to what the actual differences between the 1430 and 2430 are in functionality.

/ 2xxx series users??
And what did you think?

Well. LOL
I am sold on the concept.
Those little buggers are zippy, and fun
It will take a bit of acclimating too, after 40 years on a traditional tractor.
Now just trying to decide on the size.
I had determined that the 1430 was the perfect size for most of my uses.
I am still mostly sorta, kinda, thinking that.
After operating the 425, I am not so certain.
If I was rich, I would get both.
Or a 425 and a 1460
I am not rich, unfortunately.
But Terry is working me up a quote.
And I will make a decision this week.

/ 2xxx series users??
I'd love a report back as well as I'm in your exact same situation. I stopped by Tazewell the beginning part of the year interested in the 1430 only to find that they aren't stocking those due to the change to the gas motors. Thought about a 425 as well but I really want/need a diesel powered machine for that kind money.

I just now realized a couple days ago that the 2430 are still in stock with the diesel power and that you can get them without the backhoe (I already have a small mini-ex). Would love to get your impression on the 2430. Also curious as to what the actual differences between the 1430 and 2430 are in functionality.

I replied on the other thread.
But will also say, if you don’t need more than 800lbs lift capacity….the 425 seems almost perfect

I do not necessarily feel the gas engine is as detrimental, as I first did.
All it does, is drive the hydraulics, the hydraulics do not know if it’s a gas engine, Diesel engine,or Fred Flintstone driving them.
I am currently trying to decide exactly what to get.
I will say, according to my wife, with the exception of marrying her, any decision I make will be the wrong one. So I may not be the best source of information. HaHa

/ 2xxx series users?? #14  
I replied on the other thread.
But will also say, if you don’t need more than 800lbs lift capacity….the 425 seems almost perfect

I do not necessarily feel the gas engine is as detrimental, as I first did.
All it does, is drive the hydraulics, the hydraulics do not know if it’s a gas engine, Diesel engine,or Fred Flintstone driving them.
I am currently trying to decide exactly what to get.
I will say, according to my wife, with the exception of marrying her, any decision I make will be the wrong one. So I may not be the best source of information. HaHa

I do believe the diesels are much more fuel efficient, i have a 2425 and get somewhere around 5 hrs of usage in a five gal tank, i believe that the diesels can do better. ( i have a yanmar tractor that i filled a five gal tank on and i have used it about 10 hours and have used about 2 gal.) over time it might pay for the difference if you are going to put a lot of hours on the machine.