3 pt safety?

/ 3 pt safety? #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Just purchased a landpride 84" rear finish mower for my DX45. I love the mower and the combination of 3pt hookup and hydraulic toplink makes access for cleaning and removing blades very easy. While there are always comments about safety and working under a FEL, I don't recall seeing anything about working under a 3pt implement. Can someone help fill in my lack of knowledge?

jk

/ 3 pt safety? #2  
Just purchased a landpride 84" rear finish mower for my DX45. I love the mower and the combination of 3pt hookup and hydraulic toplink makes access for cleaning and removing blades very easy. While there are always comments about safety and working under a FEL, I don't recall seeing anything about working under a 3pt implement. Can someone help fill in my lack of knowledge?

jk

Thats about the most dangerous thing You can do IMO. working under a 3 pt impliment Especially that size & weight , without having it properlly Shored up with some Really good jackstands & or timbers to hold the weight in case of a hydraulic leak Or 3pt malfuntion . Pretty much just common sense to Me . Bob .

/ 3 pt safety? #3  
It always seems that someone will wander in and start playing with levers at just the wrong time. Had a drywaller bring his kid over one day and turned him loose to play up at the barn. I had just dropped my hoe off the tractor, planning to re-install the next day. Sure enough, the kid started pulling levers and tipped it over....

/ 3 pt safety? #4  
I dont work under anything unless it's completely supported. Now leaving the mower hooked the tractor and supporting it with jack stands is going to be safer (IMHO) then just using jack stands alone.

Wedge