3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets

/ 3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets #41  
we usually find them when we blow leaves the first time. bought some earmuffs with the radio built in last year and the wife was blowing leaves and listening to some music I happen to notice the yellow jackets on her and the leaf blower so I hollered at her when she seen them she threw the leaf blower, earphones and ran towards me it's a wonder both of us didn't get eat up, but she got stung a few time and me only once. Gas in a water bottle turned upside down in the hole and the next day no more yellow jackets.

/ 3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets #42  
Something dug up the ones I burnt/poisoned. Idk if it was my dog or a racoon. Kinda interesting. 1507525420969.jpg

/ 3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets #43  
There are tasty morsels in there, and would expect skunk or raccoon, or could be even bear, badger, ferret, or weasel..

/ 3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets #44  
There are tasty morsels in there, and would expect skunk or raccoon, or could be even bear, badger, ferret, or weasel..

Tasty Morsels......You need to consider changing your choice of protein intake. :laughing: :laughing:

/ 3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets #45  
We got raccoons, skunks. Never seen the others. That's why accused raccoons or my dog.

/ 3038e Brakes and Ground Yellow Jackets
So I got the tractor back today. Had to wait on a back ordered shaft with the cam on it. I talked to the tec that actually fixed the brakes and this is what I got.

The input shaft that comes off the brake linkage connects to a shaft with a cam on it. The cam turns and accuiates the brake pack that stops the drive shaft that drives the left wheel. Also the rear differential is locked by the same linkage on top of the case so then both wheels stop. I spun the cam cause the tractor was rolling so fast when it was stopped.

This means the cam spun and had to be replaced with the shaft and the clutch packs were ruined. So rebuild them and replace the disk.

Also means crack the case take the rops off and both sides and back of the case to clean out the clutch pack parts. So I got all that and done and a fluid change with new filters. I was not up to tearing into the tractor that deep so I am glad I had so one do it.

It could be done at home but a lot of work.