30k tractor budget

/ 30k tractor budget #31  
The Workmaster and deere 5000 series are both comparable to the MF2600 line. They are a true small utility.

The Boomer is more akin to the kubota MX line and the deere 4000 series which are the larger compacts. They are lighter, have smaller front wheels, Usually a HST option.

Foy haying and handling round bales regularly....I think you are on the right track looking at the utilities.

Do note that there are multiple lines of NH Workmasters of differing sizes. The small framed utility versions are the 50/60/70 and the 55/65/75. The 50/60/70 is open station only and with a simple two-range four-speed mechanical reverser transmission. The 55/65/75 uses a different, slightly larger engine and can be had with cabs and a hydraulic reverser. The 50/60/70 is best compared with open station Deere 5E 3 cylinders with the TSS transmission and the 55/65/75 best compared with the Deere 5E 3 cylinders with the PowrReverser transmission.

Yes it is confusing. It took me two years of study and research to unravel the ball of yarn all this is when you first get into it. What's so different about the way tractors are sold from every other type of equipment out there is depending on the options, you can purchase a bigger tractor with more horsepower for less then you can a smaller tractor with less horsepower. So let's unpack this a little bit.

Lets' take the MX5400 for example. They offer a two wheel drive version of that tractor that is around 22K MSRP without a front end loader. However, you can not get an HST, it's only offered with an 8 speed partially synchronized gear drive transmission so they're selling weight and power without efficiency. If you want the HST they make you take MFWD and charge $7K more for it. So they're selling efficiency at a premium because they gave you all the weight and power as standard features.

Now let's take a John Deere 3R series as another example. That is Deere's premium medium size compact tractor line so they offer all those tractors with best in class transmissions, ergonomics, weight and efficiency. So they're selling power at a premium because they gave you all the efficiency, weight and comfort as standard features.

Each manufacturer offers a different set of standard features and premium features within each class of tractor that they sell. It will make it easier to wrap your brain around it if you can make a distinction between what is standard and premium.

Hydrostatic transmissions are noticeably less efficient than gear transmissions. I think you meant to say "features" rather than "efficiency" above.
Interesting. Any chance you would have some pictures of this?

7395421_huge.jpg

Do note there are other semi-mounted implements that attach differently. A semi-mounted implement simply doesn't carry all of its weight on the 3 point hitch and instead uses a tail wheel. There are a lot of plows in particular which are semi-mount and they use all 3 three-point links but have a tail wheel and a cylinder to raise the rear of the plow.

/ 30k tractor budget #32  
Parts support networks also influence tractor and equipment prices. The South Korean tractor brands don't have the same parts infrastructure in place that Deere and Kubota have.

Generally I would agree with this, but even our local Deere dealers are having issues getting parts. Our in town dealer is part of a 8 location group, they currently have parts on backorder for the last 3 months with no ETA for Gators. And not electronic parts, run of the mill brake hubs, axles, etc.

But overall, yes, Deere and Kubota have a more reliable parts infrastructure. However, the couple times I've needed parts for my Kioti NX5010 I haven't had any issues (all parts I broke being stupid).

-----

On topic, I only paid 31K for my NX5010 HST non-cab 2 years ago. No idea what they currently cost since I haven't had a reason to price them, but should be close to the OP's budget.

/ 30k tractor budget #33  
Hydrostatic transmissions are noticeably less efficient than gear transmissions. I think you meant to say "features" rather than "efficiency" above.
Its all in how you define efficiency. OR rather what is the efficiency you are trying to measure.

Efficiency putting power to the ground? Efficiency putting power to the PTO? Fuel efficiency? OR rather efficiency simply meaning how quickly you can accomplish the task at hand.

Everyone always raves about how skidloaders are the most efficient at doing loader work and zeroturns are the most efficient at mowing your yard....and both of those are HST

IF you are plowing a 25 acre field...then yea gears are gonna be the most efficient. IF you are mowing a pasture, and doing tedious loader work, then a HST might be the most efficient machine overall

/ 30k tractor budget #34  
...On topic, I only paid 31K for my NX5010 HST non-cab 2 years ago. No idea what they currently cost since I haven't had a reason to price them, but should be close to the OP's budget.
I bought a DK4510 earlier this year. The tractor with loader was $22,368 and that included add-ons like RV antifreeze ballast, telescoping link kit, rubber floor mat, and 2 rear remotes. By the time I added 3rd function and a 72" grapple I was still only at $26,549+tax. I "think" it would have only been another $1,000 to get the DK5010 with the same options. I could have added a 6ft rotary cutter and still been under $30,000 but bought a Land Pride RCD1884 84" dual spindle cutter at another dealer.

Before looking at Kioti I had pretty much settled on a Massey MF2850 with just a loader at $32,250 but a friend recommended that I take a look at Kioti. I was really surprised what I could get for the price point that I had set for myself. I am ~60 hours into it and have been very pleased with the tractor.

/ 30k tractor budget #35  
Its all in how you define efficiency. OR rather what is the efficiency you are trying to measure.

Efficiency putting power to the ground? Efficiency putting power to the PTO? Fuel efficiency? OR rather efficiency simply meaning how quickly you can accomplish the task at hand.

Everyone always raves about how skidloaders are the most efficient at doing loader work and zeroturns are the most efficient at mowing your yard....and both of those are HST

IF you are plowing a 25 acre field...then yea gears are gonna be the most efficient. IF you are mowing a pasture, and doing tedious loader work, then a HST might be the most efficient machine overall
Efficiency means the percentage of the power/work/energy you get out of the machine vs. what went into it. Typically with tractors this is hp-hrs/gallon.

How quickly you can get something done is speed, not efficiency. One other very common incorrect usage of "efficiency" is to confuse it with total consumption. A big truck that has 25% better ton-mile/gallon efficiency than a small car is often called "less efficient" due to higher fuel consumption.

/ 30k tractor budget #36  
Efficiency means the percentage of the power/work/energy you get out of the machine vs. what went into it. Typically with tractors this is hp-hrs/gallon.
That makes a HST pretty efficient at alot of tasks. If it can get the job done 25% faster by using 10% more fuel....in the end you use less fuel to get the work done. Got it (y)

/ 30k tractor budget #37  
Yeah the tn75d i worked with was straight shift, using the loader was a task in itself to learn for anything past scooping dirt and dumping it. When i got my rk25 with the hst and loader, oh man the difference lol. But although a luxury id like that is probably out the door to get more power for the same money.

I wound up looking on fastline, tractorhouse and some other website, theres a ton of tym and mahindra in that price range lol, but for that much tractor for that much money id rather go with something i can be more sure of. I did see obviously some mx series in that price, the MF 2606h, mcCormick x1.55, new holland boomer 55 and workmaster 60, ls mt350e, and even the jd 5045e fell in at 35k or under. The lowest being the ls at 24,800. Im not sure which would be the "top rated" option, jd obviously has the name, im just use to NH from petsonal use and my inlaws are ford/nh people, ls is basically the same thing, and not much knowledge of the others.

What i also wonder is how much wiggle room there could be on pricing, i know right now isnt ideal but may if things get better or given ill be paying cash maybe more give than normal.
The JD 5045e is made in Pune India, maybe they've got the bugs worked out now, but in 2011 when I was looking they had some issues and lots were for sale with ~100hrs on them... To crude for hobby farmers and not reliable enough for a small farmer.
I think in the compact tractors sold here, only Kioti, Kubota, LS, Branson, actually make their own tractors. The rest sell other Japanese or Korean brands repainted.
In the basic utility tractors I think JD, MF NH, Case, all get theirs from China or India, and the fancier ones start to get made by either the selling manufacturer, or again are Japanese or Korean tractors repainted. I assume JD, MF NH, Case, have decent parts supply for all the tractors they sell but it would be interesting to test the parts guy at a dealership with a trial run.
JD sold 22 thousand 1050's built by Yanmar in the 80's, I wonder how many front axle parts they have in stock today?

/ 30k tractor budget
The Workmaster and deere 5000 series are both comparable to the MF2600 line. They are a true small utility.

The Boomer is more akin to the kubota MX line and the deere 4000 series which are the larger compacts. They are lighter, have smaller front wheels, Usually a HST option.

Foy haying and handling round bales regularly....I think you are on the right track looking at the utilities.
I did look at those, i really would of liked a NH since im more familiar with them and know theyre a good tractor even though its not much experience. But the workmaster 60 and 70 and the 5065e and 75e which are closest to the 2606h and 2607h are more expensive and less weight.

/ 30k tractor budget #39  
I think you meant to say "features" rather than "efficiency" above.
No I meant what I said.
How quickly you can get something done is speed, not efficiency.
I think you're splitting hairs here. What I stated would be accepted as correct by the standards of the nomenclature used to describe what it is that I am talking about within the context of tractors and equipment.

/ 30k tractor budget #40  
Do note there are other semi-mounted implements that attach differently. A semi-mounted implement simply doesn't carry all of its weight on the 3 point hitch and instead uses a tail wheel. There are a lot of plows in particular which are semi-mount and they use all 3 three-point links but have a tail wheel and a cylinder to raise the rear of the plow.
I just learned something new. I never knew this until you pointed it out. Thanks!
Semi Mount Example 2.jpg

Semi Mount Example.jpg