30k tractor budget

/ 30k tractor budget #41  
Owner of New Holland Workmaster 50 (2015 year model. Purchased new March 2016). $30,000 cash to pay on it then I would finance the extra to get what I wanted. They have several different models in the 50/60/70 hp range. If you don't have a New Holland dealer near you that provides good service then use this tractor's specifications to compare. Weight, PTO hp, lift capacity are your three important factors in comparison. Gear driven transmission will provide more power than hydrostatic (My guess 50 hp gear equals a 55 hydrostatic). Hydraulic flow rate determines lift capacity. (Picture of my tractor with 8 ft HD box blade which works great as a counter weight for loader.)
This tractor provides a 20 point reduction in my Blood pressure when using it so you can look at it as a medical need if your BP occasionally goes on the high side.

Attachments

• 018737CD-7E3A-45BC-9FF5-5BB6D9F18AC5.jpeg
    018737CD-7E3A-45BC-9FF5-5BB6D9F18AC5.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
   / 30k tractor budget #42  
Owner of New Holland Workmaster 50 (2015 year model. Purchased new March 2016). $30,000 cash to pay on it then I would finance the extra to get what I wanted. They have several different models in the 50/60/70 hp range. If you don't have a New Holland dealer near you that provides good service then use this tractor's specifications to compare. Weight, PTO hp, lift capacity are your three important factors in comparison. Gear driven transmission will provide more power than hydrostatic (My guess 50 hp gear equals a 55 hydrostatic). Hydraulic flow rate determines lift capacity. (Picture of my tractor with 8 ft HD box blade which works great as a counter weight for loader.)
This tractor provides a 20 point reduction in my Blood pressure when using it so you can look at it as a medical need if your BP occasionally goes on the high side.
Incorrect.

Flow rate determines speed. Operating pressure and cylinder sizes determines lift capacity

/ 30k tractor budget #43  
Hi all, i got led here while searching for tractors and seemed like a good place for some help.

I will be purchasing a tractor when we get our taxes back next year and i expect to have a budget of 30k. Ive been looking at used but just thought id check if a new tractor is possible. Its hard to figure out prices most of the time it seems and then i know there are better deals once you go to buy.

I really dont want a payment as we just paid off all our debt besides our new house we're building but would be considered if it could be pretty close.

I am looking for a minimum 50hp 4wd tractor with front loader, of course a cab would be nice but not necessary. We'll be raising goats and id like to be able to move round bales, bushhog, mow and maneuver logs from cutting down trees would be the general work.

Im not brand loyal and i dont really want to pay more just for a name, but i want a quality tractor. We do have a jd, tym, kubota, NH, deutz and case dealer within an hour that i know of.

If thats pretty much not in reason what should i look for in a used one?

Hi all, i got led here while searching for tractors and seemed like a good place for some help.

I will be purchasing a tractor when we get our taxes back next year and i expect to have a budget of 30k. Ive been looking at used but just thought id check if a new tractor is possible. Its hard to figure out prices most of the time it seems and then i know there are better deals once you go to buy.

I really dont want a payment as we just paid off all our debt besides our new house we're building but would be considered if it could be pretty close.

I am looking for a minimum 50hp 4wd tractor with front loader, of course a cab would be nice but not necessary. We'll be raising goats and id like to be able to move round bales, bushhog, mow and maneuver logs from cutting down trees would be the general work.

Im not brand loyal and i dont really want to pay more just for a name, but i want a quality tractor. We do have a jd, tym, kubota, NH, deutz and case dealer within an hour that i know of.

Hello, this is what I did and never have regretted it. I needed a bigger tractor than what I had because I moved to a bigger piece of property. My 2720 JD, 31 hp was just to small. I looked at used and new spent about 8 months searching. Finally went back to JD and bought a 4066M with front loader and bucket also a grapple for 35,000.00. I have never regretted the decision to go back to JD. Go to the JD web site and look at the basic cost of the tractors it will give you an idea of what you can get with your money. JD is the top retailer because of their customer service. A good deal is when your and the seller are satisfied. Thats my experience hope this helps. P.S. JD does not charge interest and they also sell used JD's.
the

/ 30k tractor budget #44  
I got a used LS MT352 w/cab fully loaded with 20hrs on it for under your budget. I hadda look every day on the usual sites. So Got it delivered from OK included for your budget and no taxes since out of state. That was nice.

Yeah bad time to buy - unless you want an open station. Here in Upstate NY we get some snow so I wanted a cab and glad I waited and was patient. I got exactly what I wanted - wanted a Kubota but same HP was another 15K.

We have a LS dealer within an hour from me.

Also was able to get a tiller and a brush hog from same dealer I got the tractor from again no taxes either, delivered with tractor.

Tilled our large garden the other day took me about an hour. The same plot with a walk behind to till it after neighbor cut it with a Moldboard Plow took me 7 hours and hot and dusty... with the LS piece of cake and AC.

One thing to think about is these compact tractors are built small so it's a challenge to get in and out of. I'm still getting used to it and the reason for the low hours was the original owner was a larger size and I could see it being very tough to climb into. Im 5'10" 175#s .. If I gain any more weight its not gonna be fun.

We have a local Bobcat dealer with a Bobcat (Kioti I think) similar HP they wanted like $55K and it wasn't loaded like mine is (1 rear remote). Its still on their lot.

Some more food for thought - the compacts by New Holland look almost exactly the same with a different engine is about it. I think LS makes their chassis. Mine is robust at +5K lbs and has added filled tires. I've only had to use 4wd 1x it was in the mud. Oh since I mentioned mud - a power washer is pretty much a required tool.

GL with your search - sometimes we get lucky.

/ 30k tractor budget #45  
1635556419269.png

/ 30k tractor budget #46  
This my 2006 M7040. You may be able to find one used for your budget

/ 30k tractor budget #47  

I have a JD 3046R. 46HP. Does everything I need. My budget was a bit higher. I spent $65K for TLB plus grapple, MX5 bush hog, box blade, JD1025R w/MMM for mowing & hauling. The 3046 has 40PTO HP & handles the MX5 without issue. I've since added a WM stump grinder, Wood max M8 chipper, JD RT3049 tiller & a PTO log splitter (mistake. causes too much regen due to no load on engine). You can get the 3046R for well under your budget. Just depends on how many tools you want to add.

/ 30k tractor budget #48  
I have a JD 3046R. 46HP. Does everything I need. My budget was a bit higher. I spent $65K for TLB plus grapple, MX5 bush hog, box blade, JD1025R w/MMM for mowing & hauling. The 3046 has 40PTO HP & handles the MX5 without issue. I've since added a WM stump grinder, Wood max M8 chipper, JD RT3049 tiller & a PTO log splitter (mistake. causes too much regen due to no load on engine). You can get the 3046R for well under your budget. Just depends on how many tools you want to add.
MSRP for a 3046R is $2500 over OP budget. Given the current used market the likelihood of finding one well under $30k is dubious.

Similarly sized options that are in budget: Branson 4215R, LS MT345E, TYM T474, Kioti DK4510, JD 3043D, Bobcat CT4045...Case and NH have options slightly over budget, but about $2k cheaper than the 3046R. The Kubota L4701DT is about the same price, but has a bit more weight and HP than the 3046R.

/ 30k tractor budget #49  

I will be purchasing a tractor when we get our taxes back next year and i expect to have a budget of 30k. Ive been looking at used -------------------------
My first compact telehandler was used and well below 30k.

Bought it in 2009:
P9230004.JPG
P9230006.JPG

Size comparison to the MF 240D that I had back then:
P9260009.JPG

Can't do this with a tractor:
P9260015.JPG
P9260016.JPG

1.25 cubic yard, 90 inch wide bucket:
P1010034.JPG

Vassar grapple:
PB110002.JPG