574 HST Coolant type???

/ 574 HST Coolant type??? #1  

NMBlackBetty

Tractor
TYM574C, Massey 1726e, Massey 2606h, TYM 1104
So we got another 574, but when this one was delivered we noticed the coolant level was low. Called the dealer and they said, "just throw in any kind of universal coolant". My problem with that is that the coolant in there now is RED and if memory serves me correctly Red and Orange coolants are not to be mixed with anything besides themselves.

Does anybody know what type of coolant the red coolant that TYM uses is? What the appropriate coolant to top it off with is.

Thanks

/ 574 HST Coolant type???
What does the owners manual specify?
It doesn't specify. Only tells how to totally change it, and has no recommendation on the type.

/ 574 HST Coolant type??? #4  
It doesn't specify. Only tells how to totally change it, and has no recommendation on the type.
Are you sure about that?

Should be a chart somewhere in your manual with recommended fluid types?

/ 574 HST Coolant type??? #5  
For me the color is not what I go by anymore. I had a similar issue with my WM75. It got low but I couldn't tell what was in there, just didn't look right. I have green and orange but this looked different. I just changed the antifreeze and got new antifreeze from NH. It is OAT but is a blue color.

/ 574 HST Coolant type??? #6  
Just keep in mind that standard Glycol (green or whatever color), is not compatible with the orange long life stuff and will coagulate in the cooling system and cause untold grief.

/ 574 HST Coolant type??? #7  
What does the owners manual specify?
I've seen three different TYM owners manuals for my T574 and there are mistakes on almost every page.

/ 574 HST Coolant type??? #8  
Yeah, antifreeze color doesn't mean much anymore other than green being the same old green as always..... all sorts of coolant out there in every color of the rainbow and not even consistent rainbow colors. I miss the days that there was green and maybe dexcool and that was it.

Best bet is probably to call your dealer because even "universal" coolant, to me isn't a great idea to mix....