A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!!

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
At first I was against a backup camera in a tractor but after seeing how nice they are in vehicles I thought it would be nice to have in the tractor. There is not a good place to put a rear view mirror in the tractor. I keep my mirrors adjusted down low so I can watch my tires for maneuvering close to stuff.

Here is what I used:

monitor

Amazon.com : 7" TFT LCD Color 2 Video Input Car RearView Headrest Monitor DVD VCR Monitor With Remote and Stand & Support Rotating The Screen : Vehicle Overhead Video : Car Electronics

camera

Amazon.com : Car Rear Vehicle Backup View Camera (Waterproof) : Electronics

I think this is the mount I used

Amazon.com: Fotodiox Windshield Suction Cup Mount with Ballhead - Mount for Smart Phone Clip, Cameras, DVs, GPS, Webcams: GPS & Navigation

To keep from having to drill holes in the tractor I mounted the camera on the inside. I made the mount out of a couple pieces of aluminum. To hold the mount on I used a bolt that holds the top on the tractor. With the camera mounted inside I don't have to worry about it getting wet and freezing up.

Here is the monitor mounted to the windshield.

Some pics of the monitor on

Here I am backing up close to a 4 wheeler.

Monitor view

Turned around

I can also do a mirror image on a monitor. The monitor has 2 channels. I'm not sure what to do with the second channel:scratchchin:

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #2  
   / A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #3  
I like it! The second could be on the ^^^bucket or focused on the edge of your mower, plow, etc so you can keep one eye ahead and one on the work. Might keep those transmission line towers from sneaking up on you while you're minding the implement. :D

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #4  
Being in the cab the camera will also stay fairly dust free.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #5  
Nice job Roger.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #6  
Cheater:), Nice job on the windshield mount, Nice clean install. Welcome to the future.
Did you say second camera? Is there a bucket cam on the horizon ? I can show you things with a bucket cam that you have not seen before.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #7  
Looks like you have some room for some gauges under that monitor:thumbsup:

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #8  
Looks great.

Clean install and no holes!;)

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!!
Bucket/forks camera.

Bruce

I like it! The second could be on the ^^^bucket or focused on the edge of your mower, plow, etc so you can keep one eye ahead and one on the work. Might keep those transmission line towers from sneaking up on you while you're minding the implement. :D

I'm not sure about a loader camera. I can see my forks fine and I can get a full load in the bucket fine. It probably would make things more efficient at times. I was thinking I could mount one on the quick hitch so I could watch a 3PH implemenet.

Being in the cab the camera will also stay fairly dust free.

Yep, if I keep the back window clean I should have a clear picture.

Nice job Roger.

Thanks

Cheater:), Nice job on the windshield mount, Nice clean install. Welcome to the future.
Did you say second camera? Is there a bucket cam on the horizon ? I can show you things with a bucket cam that you have not seen before.

The windshield mount is semi-temporary. I have a more elaborate plan for a mount but it will take a while to make.

Looks like you have some room for some gauges under that monitor:thumbsup:

I'm eventually going to add a couple of a gauges when I get a chance. I only had the camera since December.

Looks great.

Clean install and no holes!;)

Thanks, no holes was my goal.

/ A backup camera for $50!!!!!!!!!!! #10  
Wow, we think alike. Last month I purchased the same monitor and two cameras (one like yours without the backup lines and a different camera) with plan to use a ram mount I have lying about to clamp it on the door handle or sticker it somewhere.

I've just been too busy to install anything.