eBay/Craigslist A Scam??

/ A Scam?? #1  

frogfish

Silver Member
Tractor
JD X300
Just saw a Kubota BX2360 with 60" mower, snowblower and FEL, selling for neighbor (yea right) for $5800 on CL.

Since this was close to me I was excited to go look at it, the reply was $5800 includes shipping and delivery, but no mention of a phone or address....hmmm. I haven't heard back yet about when I can go see it.

Oh yea, forgot to mention it only has 56 hours on it, anyone want to go in with me on this great deal, lol

Be careful, the bad guys are still out there.

/ A Scam?? #2  
I always flag anything I find with a ridiculous price on Craigslist. IF it isnt a scam, it protects the unsuspecting owner (widow etc) from underselling.

/ A Scam?? #3  
Yes, please flag it.

I have a Deere 4100 which typically are listed on Craigslist for between $6k and $8k. The other day I saw one listed for about $1600. All over the country (using searchtempest.com). These are a dozen years old which means scammers are really reaching. But they don't have to reach very hard to make it profitable if they just get one or two suckers.

/ A Scam?? #5  
Theres a lot of that around me too, 20k tractor for 5k. I don't know the scam, but the location is always foggy and pics usually are stolen from another ad. Thats why on cl you have to see the item in person and take it upon payment otherwise you'll be screwed. Gotta love cl, between this stuff and people calling and offering 20% of list price it drives me nuts