Adding D Rings to Trailer

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #21  
What were the special order items?..

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer
2’ sides is a special for Sure Trac as is mesh sides. They do make a high side version with 3 boards, but I wanted mesh. I was supposed to have 11 D rings as a special, and I also had the spare tire mount moved from the side to front center so it doesn’t block my view when backing up. I had a well built Holmes 12’ utility trailer with 2’ mesh sides, and really like those sides. This trailer is large enough to hold a nice size tractor and with the sides will be nice for hauling and moving things, its perfect for my limited needs. Great addition to my 14’ 14k lb Sure Trac dump trailer.

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #23  
I think you are making this your problem. It is the dealer and mfr's problem. Have them add the Drings to your spec at their location. If that can't be done, go to some other outfit in your region and get what you wanted in the first place. Even if you have to wait. You won't be satisfied until you are satisfied

/ Adding D Rings to Trailer #24  
If I understand the current situation, the dealer is making a financial adjustment. It seems this is the best it's going to get in the current situation. Again, I would install recessed deck hold downs bolted through the cross members, if this would provide the required attachments. This would minimize the potential for noticeable damage to the powder coating. Move forward and chalk it up to experience.

I think you are making this your problem. It is the dealer and mfr's problem. Have them add the Drings to your spec at their location. If that can't be done, go to some other outfit in your region and get what you wanted in the first place. Even if you have to wait. You won't be satisfied until you are satisfied

It's ultimately my problem and I've chosen to do it myself so I know it's done correctly rather than hope someone making $9 an hour will do it right.

If I understand the current situation, the dealer is making a financial adjustment. It seems this is the best it's going to get in the current situation. Again, I would install recessed deck hold downs bolted through the cross members, if this would provide the required attachments. This would minimize the potential for noticeable damage to the powder coating. Move forward and chalk it up to experience.

Yes, I'm satisfied with the outcome, if I wasn't I would have them order a new trailer. The $ adjustment will cover my expenses to add what I want. I'll just take my time and decide what to install and where. Unforeseen things happen in business and it's how the people react that matters and this dealer stepped up with no questions asked. Some of my longest, strongest business relationships started with a negative situation that I fixed and gained the trust and respect of the customer. I'll post pics when I pick the trailer up late next week.. thanks