Adding teeth to a bucket

/ Adding teeth to a bucket #21  
I have both a smooth and a tooth bucket for my skid steer also. I almost always use the tooth bucket as it digs so much better.
Smooth also works better for clean up. Hard to pick up all of a pile of something with teeth.

Not if you can push it in over the teeth! :D

P8040016.JPG

P8040025.JPG

P8040029.jpg

P8040033.JPG

/ Adding teeth to a bucket #22  
Picking up a small pile is hard regardless. I haven't noticed a tooth bar to make any difference.

/ Adding teeth to a bucket #23  
Decided it was time for a tooth bucket, instead of doing a bolt on tooth bar, I found another bucket and added teeth to it. The bucket had some wear on the original welded on cutting edge, so I added a heavier weld on edge and weld on teeth mounts, went with 9 teeth on a 6 foot bucket.

Yikes. Those are what we call frost teeth. That thing should really chew up a pile. I've thought of a tooth bar but my tractor has my brush forks on it 90% of the time. My bucket mostly gets used for snow removal.

/ Adding teeth to a bucket #24  
They actually make many different styles of teeth.
Some are designed to be flush with the bottom of the bucket while others are somewhat lower.
Then you have bolt on, weld on and special designed for tooth bars.
Then comes th 'gap' as no cutting edge thickness is the same from brand to brand.
When I made my tooth bar it took considerable thinking and measuring to be sure I ordered the correct teeth and holders.
THe results were well worth the efforts.

/ Adding teeth to a bucket #25  
They actually make many different styles of teeth. Some are designed to be flush with the bottom of the bucket while others are somewhat lower. Then you have bolt on, weld on and special designed for tooth bars. Then comes th 'gap' as no cutting edge thickness is the same from brand to brand. When I made my tooth bar it took considerable thinking and measuring to be sure I ordered the correct teeth and holders. THe results were well worth the efforts.
Oh I know of the many types and styles. It's just one of those things you see and realize how much sense it makes that you can't believe you haven't thought of it yourself. We use that style on hoes for frozen ground, never even crossed my mind that it would work great on a tractor bucket.

/ Adding teeth to a bucket
Yeah, I will see how well they do and report back on it. I know on the construction sites,most use these teeth on the outer edge and the single tiger tooth in between, I can always change them out if they don't work well.

/ Adding teeth to a bucket #27  
Yikes. Those are what we call frost teeth. That thing should really chew up a pile. I've thought of a tooth bar but my tractor has my brush forks on it 90% of the time. My bucket mostly gets used for snow removal.

I use my bucket for snow removal too complete with the teeth. I use the heel of the bucket for back blading.

Well it's all finished and painted ready to go to work, will get some pics soon.

Finally remembered to post the finished pics, still have not used it yet but will soon.

Attachments

• image-2318122082.jpg
    image-2318122082.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 206
  • image-4188924520.jpg
    image-4188924520.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 207
   / Adding teeth to a bucket #30  
I haven't seen teeth like that before. Is the design targeted for a certain purpose?