Akita Pool

/ Akita Pool #241  
Regarding your previous question about using two 90 degree Ells in the exhaust system.
Each 90 degree change in direction will add the equlivent of about 14’ of straight pipe. Your fan supplier should publish the maximum footage of exhaust pipe allowed. In your application, what ever straight pipe is required plus 28’ will equal the total footage which may or may not fall within the manufacturers specks.

B. John

/ Akita Pool
I started doing the tile on the back wall of the pool today. It's slow going, but. I think it will be worth the effort. IMAG1415.jpeg

/ Akita Pool #243  
How are you cutting the tile for the Akita... nibbing?

/ Akita Pool
Holding the tile up to the edges of the blade on my tile saw and kind of grinding it away until it fits perfectly to the drawing.

Last edited:
   / Akita Pool #245  
Liking it so far... no surprise though. When you fill in the mosaic, will you take a hammer to colorful tiles to get your pieces?

/ Akita Pool
Thanks. Because this will be under water, I'm having to use pool tile, which is more dense then regular tile. There isn't a lot of options out there for color in pool tile, so I'm going to buy the 12 inch sheets of cut stones in the colors I want. Basically, black, white and grey, to get the colors of my dogs. Then cut each one into the shape that I want it.

/ Akita Pool
I had hoped to get a lot more done today, but the rain arrived much earlier then predicted!!!

41824727_2060153594008271_7754074780138995712_n.jpg

/ Akita Pool #248  
And the spectators in the chairs in the background appear interesting.:)

/ Akita Pool
41976540_2061308217226142_7619728709926256640_n.jpg

The outline of the Akita is done. I still have to tile all the other walls, but there isn't a big rush for that. I'm really wanting to get started on the rock for the Akita!!!!

This is Kami in the picture. This past June, she was the number 2 female Akita in the nation and 11 overall. Then she blew her coat and went into heat, so she's dropped down to the number 3 female and number 14 overall. She's ready to go back out and show, so we'll see how she finishes off the year. Our boy puppy is 19 months old, and just won best of breed the last three days in a row.

/ Akita Pool #250  
I like the blue, it should look great with water in it. Looking forward to seeing the Akita silhouette completed.