Amazon suggestionst

/ Amazon suggestionst #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I just ordered a cheap diagnostic scanner/code reader for my truck for $26.40 total. After sending the order, up popped a message telling me that "Customers who bought items in your order also bought" : A $22.99 scanner and a $158.99 scanner. I don't understand why anyone would want more than one cheap cheap scanner. Suggestions similar to this come up quite often if not every time I order from Amazon. It seems like Amazon is saying people bought these items when they mean the customers only viewed them?

/ Amazon suggestionst #2  
I just ordered a cheap diagnostic scanner/code reader for my truck for $26.40 total. After sending the order, up popped a message telling me that "Customers who bought items in your order also bought" : A $22.99 scanner and a $158.99 scanner. I don't understand why anyone would want more than one cheap cheap scanner. Suggestions similar to this come up quite often if not every time I order from Amazon. It seems like Amazon is saying people bought these items when they mean the customers only viewed them?

I’m not familiar with what you saw, but I typically get the following when I order:

- similar items to what you ordered

- others who bought also bought the following (so if I bought a table clock they would show clock batteries and a lamp)

It doesn’t bother me - to be honest I’ve been conditioned to ignore.

MoKelly

/ Amazon suggestionst
What you see makes perfect sense what I see makes none at all.

/ Amazon suggestionst #4  
Actually, I sort of like that feature. Doesn't come up for all items, but it will often lead me to other, similar items that may be a better fit for what I'm looking for. One that may not have turned up in my initial search.

Seems a rather minor item to complain about.

/ Amazon suggestionst
Actually, I sort of like that feature. Doesn't come up for all items, but it will often lead me to other, similar items that may be a better fit for what I'm looking for. One that may not have turned up in my initial search.

Seems a rather minor item to complain about.
I'll try to pay better attention on my next purchase. I thought the suggestion only showed up after I'd concluded the deal.

/ Amazon suggestionst #6  
I think it's probably done to show something new that you may not have seen. They are aimed at people prone to such rash purchases, who might buy the same thing. I think it would be easier to ignore than to pay attention to it. But I also believe you shouldn't pass by different promotions or coupons from DontPayFull: Coupon Codes, Coupons, Promo Codes, Free Shipping and Discounts. I think you can buy whatever you want at a discount that way. The main thing is to think carefully before you purchase something and whether you need it. But I also like to take things at a discount, because it's a good company.

Last edited:
   / Amazon suggestionst #7  
I would interpret that to mean the typical customer buys the $22 scanner, but it doesn't work so they buy the $26 scanner next. When that doesn't work either they break down and buy the $158 scanner.

/ Amazon suggestionst #8  
I would interpret that to mean the typical customer buys the $22 scanner, but it doesn't work so they buy the $26 scanner next. When that doesn't work either they break down and buy the $158 scanner.
I agree with your point. I notice, however, that you succumb to the typical retailer's tactics. To me, there is a $23 scanner and a $159 scanner listed.