Another confused first timer

/ Another confused first timer #273  
efficiency ? Any tractor that uses an ECM to instruct the tractor to regen isn't what I would call efficient
My old MF1250 with mechanical FI took 24-30 gallons of fuel to mow my field. My new Kioti 4510 with ECM uses less than 12.
Why would you not call that "efficient"?

/ Another confused first timer #275  
My old MF1250 with mechanical FI took 24-30 gallons of fuel to mow my field. My new Kioti 4510 with ECM uses less than 12.
Why would you not call that "efficient"?
you most likely got the only 45 hp tractor that goes into regen and burns more fuel, that better consumes less fuel than a properly running 34 hp tractor.
At least you're the first I've heard of.

Guy up the road has a MX5800, ECM ,REGEN tractor. My non ECM, regen mx5100 tractor consumes less fuel that his, performing the same task

Last edited:
   / Another confused first timer #276  
The single regen I've had occurred while I was mowing my field so I was already running 2,600 RPM. I still burned less than 12 gallons mowing that time even with the regen, which I barely would have noticed except for the light on the dash. I kept hearing so many "boogie man stories" about regens (mostly from people who don't have a Tier 4 tractor) that I was a little apprehensive about buying one. Glad I listened to people who actually own one instead of listening to all the doom and gloom hype.

/ Another confused first timer #278  
If anyone else has the courage to step forward to give me their opinion about this I would really be interested in hearing it.
You seem to have taken over this thread. Start your own thread if your looking for opinions..

/ Another confused first timer #279  
You seem to have taken over this thread. Start your own thread if your looking for opinions..
he doesn't have the courage 🤣. Nothing he speaks of exist ! 😂

/ Another confused first timer #280  
My Kioti dealer offered me the use of his demonstrator when I was in the market a few years ago.

My case dealer invited me to the corporate proving grounds in Tomahawk, Wi for the day to test drive construction equipment when I was in the market for a CTL a year later.
Why wouldn’t one expect that?

Also, all engines have to meet the same emission standards. A Branson with a low pressure mechanical fuel system and no electronics will have severely compromised performance than a competitor with high pressure common rail and full electronic control.

Branson doesn’t have their own set of laws on combustion and emissions formation on a Diesel engine. They meet the regulations by compromising performance.