Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #141  
My late father in-law and I were the only ones that ate prepared horseradish at the holiday meals. I think that, and the fact that I liked beer, helped us have such a great relationship for the 42 years I got to spend with him. (his daughter helped a little, too). :)

Pop a bite of good ham or roast beef with some horseradish on it into your mouth and wait for the fumes to climb up the back of your nose and blow the top of your head off. Then look at each other until one of you says "Man that's a good batch!" as your eyes water. Doesn't get any better than that. 🤣

You can breath so much better and the food smells are intensified. Just great stuff.

/ Answer me this... #142  
I love horseradish . . . (y)

/ Answer me this...
Horseradish mom syle is GREAT!
Brown seed mustard is GREAT!
Kimchi my style is to die for!

yum!
You threw me off.

My father always spoke highly of Kimchi when he was stationed in Korea, and I had a good friend who was Korean, and his mom made great Kimchi, so I ended up knowing what my dad was talking about.

I forgot all about that dish...

/ Answer me this... #144  
You threw me off.

My father always spoke highly of Kimchi when he was stationed in Korea, and I had a good friend who was Korean, and his mom made great Kimchi, so I ended up knowing what my dad was talking about.

I forgot all about that dish...
Kimchi is another very healthy, vitamin and amino acid packed meal. 9 Surprising Benefits of Kimchi
(y)

/ Answer me this... #146  
Pi-rates of the Caribbean...!

Coconut creme pie - $4.99/slice
Key lime pie - $4.00/slice
Banana creme pie - $4.49/slice

/ Answer me this...
Just had some sushi with wasabi paste and ginger. I can breath again. :p
Raw fish was never my thing.

About 10 years ago I took some guys on a deep sea charter off the NC coast. Caught a bunch of stuff, good time actually, and as I've gotten older, I actually lost interest in fishing and it was very memorable (including the LONG time back in some very chopy waters at night with some guys getting sick). We come back onto the dock at night, and the Captain asked who wanted to eat some fish? No cooking, just prepped right there on the dock to eat late at night. Honestly, never thought anything tasted as good as eating something so raw as that fish that night.

AFTER that, I was hooked LOL

/ Answer me this... #148  
Pop a bite of good ham or roast beef with some horseradish on it into your mouth and wait for the fumes to climb up the back of your nose and blow the top of your head off. Then look at each other until one of you says "Man that's a good batch!" as your eyes water. Doesn't get any better than that. 🤣
THAT HAS TO BE ABOUT THE BEST DESCRIPTION OF ANYONE's MOM's HORSERADISH as I have ever read! YUM!
🆘🆘🚫🚫⛔⛔🆘🆘

/ Answer me this... #149  
Many years ago, I found a strange plant growing in our back yard; looked like a turnip, so I pulled. It looked like a white carrot, but smelled like a turnip, so I decided to sample it. I went to the hydrant, washed it off, smelled of it and took a big ol' bite. It nearly blew the top of my head off! My eyes watered, my nose ran, and it about took my breath away. Turns out, it was horseradish, that came up from birdseed my Mom had dumped back there. I do like it in cocktail sauce.

As for steak, I have always been a purist, but over the years, I have come to use a bit of Montreal steak seasoning and real butter. Prepare it a hour or two ahead of time, let it sit at room temp, cook it on the charcoal grill.

Does anyone put catsup on their fried okra? Not me!

/ Answer me this... #150  
Thumbs up on the Montreal seasoning. Sometimes I put it on burgers or pork chops, too. (y)