Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #312  
Told the Mrs. what the guys on the tractor forum could do with a roasted chicken from Costco. She showed up with one from Smart and Final and said we’re having tostados for dinner. No Mayo ! :)
View attachment 715840
That looks like it will make some tasty meals (y)

In the salsa front I made a couple of batches last weekend. The half pints are peach-tomato. I still had some orange tomatoes on the vines that I picked Sunday that are ripening in the house. I will make Tomato/Mango/Pineapple salsa out of those as soon as the tomatoes are ready.
salsa.jpg

/ Answer me this... #313  
Told the Mrs. what the guys on the tractor forum could do with a roasted chicken from Costco. She showed up with one from Smart and Final and said we’re having tostados for dinner. No Mayo ! :)
View attachment 715840
Right on! My wife makes this crazy thing with rice, corn, and spicy dice tomatoes...toss in some shredded chicken in there. It's da bomb! Yeh, no mayo though haha!

/ Answer me this... #314  
Right on! My wife makes this crazy thing with rice, corn, and spicy dice tomatoes...toss in some shredded chicken in there. It's da bomb! Yeh, no mayo though haha!
Your wife likes to experiment with recipes ! (y)
Mine too. My German wife makes great Mexican food. These are the chicken tostadas she came up with on account of the TBN roasted chicken comments.
1633627939966.jpeg

Corn tostada shell smeared with refried beans, topped with roasted chicken and then lettuce on top of that, a spoonful of sour cream, a spoonful of salsa and sprinkled with small sliced sweet tomatoes. Mmmm...

/ Answer me this... #315  
A good vet could have it on its feet in an hour. That is my kind of steak with sour cream.

FYI...If the internal temperature of a steak does not get high enough to start rendering the marbled fat you are missing out on the real flavor of beef...a shame...The fat is where a majority of the flavor is and it must render to release the flavor...!

/ Answer me this... #316  
A cooking show like no others...It's a Youtube channel from a chef in the Baltic region...all outdoor cooking...Americans cooking BBQ have nothing on this guy...it's super...!

'Wilderness Cooking'

/ Answer me this... #317  
FYI...If the internal temperature of a steak does not get high enough to start rendering the marbled fat you are missing out on the real flavor of beef...a shame...The fat is where a majority of the flavor is and it must render to release the flavor...!
I agree, I’m also safety minded. I cook with a digital thermometer and constantly check every steak. I stop at min 136* ( medium )and max 154* ( well).

/ Answer me this... #318  
^^ I do the same with all meats, even burgers.