Anyone else having problems viewing files?

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #71  
Hmmm. So there was a file ownership difference that might have affected it. But I just matched it to the others (hoping to break it, which would mean I found the issue.) So it's not that. I'm going to try looking up some other stuff.

I know I might sound like a broken record, but if you have ANY browser addons, can you disable them? Even if you didn't add any, maybe one of them updated without letting you know?
Because having the filename showing in the posts (ie: the truncated filename you're seeing) is normal behavior on the forum. I see the filename, as well, but nearly-instantly my browser replaces the text with the actual image. So something is interrupting your browser replacing the text with an image. Your uploads work fine, also. I was able to see the screenshots you uploaded.

Moving away from the browser possibility, is there any chance something on your router would try to block scripts or a setting somewhere that would block or scan images before opening them? A virus-scanner of any sort that's getting caught on the fact that the images are loading after the page is up (and flags it as a potential issue?)

One last question for now: When you click the URL my brother posted (to his avatar) and you click 'save to disk' does it save the file and can you open it from your harddrive? Or does it error out and not let you download?

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #73  
   / Anyone else having problems viewing files? #74  
No problem seeing the images...not a member so can't enlarge but it seems fine...

Okay thanks, that's what I was hoping you'd say. Give us another day or so to work on this.

In the mean time, if you use Chrome or FireFox on Mac and you shouldn't have any issues (I tested both on Mac and no issues).

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #75  
Hmmm. So there was a file ownership difference that might have affected it. But I just matched it to the others (hoping to break it, which would mean I found the issue.) So it's not that. I'm going to try looking up some other stuff.

I know I might sound like a broken record, but if you have ANY browser addons, can you disable them? Even if you didn't add any, maybe one of them updated without letting you know?
Because having the filename showing in the posts (ie: the truncated filename you're seeing) is normal behavior on the forum. I see the filename, as well, but nearly-instantly my browser replaces the text with the actual image. So something is interrupting your browser replacing the text with an image. Your uploads work fine, also. I was able to see the screenshots you uploaded.

Moving away from the browser possibility, is there any chance something on your router would try to block scripts or a setting somewhere that would block or scan images before opening them? A virus-scanner of any sort that's getting caught on the fact that the images are loading after the page is up (and flags it as a potential issue?)

One last question for now: When you click the URL my brother posted (to his avatar) and you click 'save to disk' does it save the file and can you open it from your harddrive? Or does it error out and not let you download?
Have disabled all script and ad blocking etc...ads show fine...

I can click save to disk but there is nothing there...just the file name...

When viewing a post with an uploaded image and I see the file name...if I right click on the file name and then click open...it will open in a tab but in the address bar is just the file name... nothing else...

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #76  
If no one else is still having the problem...this evening I will reset my router go from there but like I said this is the only site with the issue it seems...
I appreciate the efforts but hate to take more of your time...

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #77  
No problems for me on a Chromebase computer and ChromeOS.

https://tractorbynet.com/forums/data/avatars/m/0/4.jpg?1614405151

Do you see my youthful face when you click that link?
Screenshot 2023-01-26 15.38.18.png

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files?
FWIW
Machine: iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6

App: Safari 13.1.2 (13609.3.2.1.5)
TBN: Avatars of color and letter e.g."Captain Dirty", "Jstpssng" display; Avatars usually a picture e.g "Muhammed", "Xfaxman" show only frame, ? in blue square, on line icon. For some reason /Pine's avatar (picture of a pine tree) does display. Posts display text including quoted text but attachments, including those in quoted messages, show frame with file name and extension and the ? in blue square. Behaves as described in posts 1 and 7. Add blocker blocks adds.
WELDING SITE: All avatars, posts and pictures display

App: Google Chrome Ver 109.0.5414.87 (Build X86-64)
TBN: All Avatars, posts with attachments and adds display.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #79  
If no one else is still having the problem...this evening I will reset my router go from there but like I said this is the only site with the issue it seems...
I appreciate the efforts but hate to take more of your time...

Still a problem here on the desktop (Mac) but iPhone seems to be working ok.

/ Anyone else having problems viewing files? #80  
Until the site works, I will spend a lot less time on TBN.

I m not having problems anywhere else, and am too ignorant about this stuff to effect a solution.

Good luck gentlemen