Anyone else make the same mistake I did?

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #21  
I would say that if your original sheer pin broke after 1.5yrs of use and then you broke 3 in a short period of time with the replacement gr2 I would stick a gr5 in it.

Are you sure there suposto be a gr2? Gr2 is piss poor chinese quality bolts. You can hardly get them tight with out stretching it.

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #22  
Who offers hydraulically driven PTO? Other than Power Trac, skidsteers and a couple others, but those are different types of machines in the first place.

Shear bolt works just fine and I do believe it's a better option for inexperienced users that don't know or neglect to maintain slip clutches.

We have this style that's very easy to change the shear bolt. Just a simple M8 grade 5.8 bolt. When it shears, it's as simple as pulling both halfs out, take the nut of the broke piece and slap a new one in.

View attachment 705988
PTO typeLive independent, hydraulic PTO with PTO brake, wet clutch

Kubota does and the OP's MX5400 tractor has oneView attachment NEW_MX_KCL.pdf

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #23  

Kubota does and the OP's MX5400 tractor has oneView attachment 706009
"hydraulic PTO" could mean 2 things.....A PTO that is engaged by a hydraulic clutch OR a hydraulic driven PTO. My Toolcat has the latter...a hydraulic motor driving the PTO. I would assume the OP's MX5400 has a hydraulic CLUTCH on his PTO.

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #24  
"hydraulic PTO" could mean 2 things.....A PTO that is engaged by a hydraulic clutch OR a hydraulic driven PTO. My Toolcat has the latter...a hydraulic motor driving the PTO. I would assume the OP's MX5400 has a hydraulic CLUTCH on his PTO.
I copy and paste the line from the pdf, it is pretty clear: hydraulic pto, wet clutch

Screenshot_20210716-091712_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpg

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #25  

Kubota does and the OP's MX5400 tractor has oneView attachment 706009
Well, you mentioned "hydraulically driven PTO" on your previous post. It a totally different thing than a wet clutch setup.

Yes, most tractors will have wet clutch for the PTO these days. The wet clutch uses hydraulic pressure to engage the clutch but the PTO is still all mechanically driven from the flywheel to the shaft at the back.

Hydraulically driven PTO is an hydraulic motor with a 6 splined shaft used to power PTO attachments. Pretty much same concept as an hydrostatic transmission, as in it's basically driven by fluid and therefore fall on efficiency versus the mechanical drive.

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #27  
All about the money, slip clutch is expensive and takes extra man hours to assemble. Worth it, but the average buyer looking at two side by side wont understand why one's $100 cheaper.
I preferr the shear bolt over the slip clutch. One less thing I have to maintain. I just cut my 18 acres or so of horse pasture. So light grass and I know there are no stumps or large rocks about. If I were mowing commercially likely a different story.

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #28  
That's fine, there are no new advances in ptos and pto clutch types.

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #29  
I don't know why you think that either? Right from Land Prides Website "The RCF2060 & RCF2072 features a smooth top for easier cleaning and a floating top link for following ground undulations in grass, weeds, and light brush up to 2" in diameter. The RCF20 is ideal for rural acreage or farm grass maintenance. These cutters have a Category 1 3-Point hitch that are Quick Hitch adaptable. The standard ASAE Category 3 driveline is offered with either shear bolt or slip-clutch protection and the tailwheel is offered laminated or solid rubber."
Welcome to your first 5030 introduction he loves to bash others and they're equipment.He has the best equipment just ask him.:D

/ Anyone else make the same mistake I did? #30  
Well, you mentioned "hydraulically driven PTO" on your previous post. It a totally different thing than a wet clutch setup.

Yes, most tractors will have wet clutch for the PTO these days. The wet clutch uses hydraulic pressure to engage the clutch but the PTO is still all mechanically driven from the flywheel to the shaft at the back.

Hydraulically driven PTO is an hydraulic motor with a 6 splined shaft used to power PTO attachments. Pretty much same concept as an hydrostatic transmission, as in it's basically driven by fluid and therefore fall on efficiency versus the mechanical drive.
That is why Kubota's description of the MX5400 PTO doesn't make sense. You don't need a clutch if the PTO is hydraulically driven as all you do is turn on the hydraulic flow.