Anyone recognize these LED lights?

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights? #1  

BigBlue1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD: 2520 & x758
I'd like to add lights to my zero turn mower. The lights in this Bad Boy lighting kit look nice but the kit is almost $300. I'd like to either 1) confirm that these LED lights are really worth that investment; or 2) Find these lights or similar spec'd lights for sale directly and add them myself without the kit (for much less $$).

So, does anyone know what brand/model these lights might be?

088-0998-00-2.jpg

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights? #2  
I vote #2.
I don't know who actually makes those LED pods, but there are tons available online for significantly less money. The down side is that you will need to source your own wiring, switch, and fuse.

I have a few small LED pods I want to install on my mower, as well as for docking lights on my tractor for side light when plowing. Small LEDs don't require relays or particularly large wire, so it's an easy diy type job.

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights?
And I'm totally fine dealing with the wiring, switch, mount, etc. I just want to have a better idea of the beam pattern and light output that they've spec'd for this use.

My best case is if I can figure out which specific lights these are and just acquire them directly and put my own 'kit' together.

Most of the LED pod lights I'm finding are either small (2" diameter) and fairly low output (around 1000LM) or have higher light output but are 3-4" rounds or 4" cubes. Being side mounted, the smaller the better for less risk of getting snagged on trees. Finding a 2" round pod like these with similar output (I've heard 2400LM) has been hard.

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights? #4  
I suspect Bad Boy uses 2 per side strictly for appearance. I personally would not want lighting so close to the operator because they attract insects. My backup mower has 4" led cubes on the very front at my feet. I believe they are spot / flood combo pattern.
The main work lights on my tractor are definitely combo lights, and at 55w per light x2 they turn night into day. A single 6-9" led light centered out front would put out plenty of light on a zero turn.
Post some pictures of your completed project!

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights? #5  
Harbor freight has small 3-4” square LED lights with a wiring harness, relays and switch. You can pick up everything you need for less than $100. And they seem to be solid metal construction and work well. I installed them on my tractor.

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights?
Thanks folks. I do know plenty of places to locate LED lights in general. I'm specifically interested in learning more about the ones pictured.

If you recognize the pictured lights and know a brand or anything about them please let me know.

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights? #8  
Trying to figure out why anyone would want lights on a lawn mower... You don't mow damp grass in the evening-night unless you are a fool.
Speak for your self, why do people think every area has the same weather???? I sometimes have to cut the grass when its 8 inches high and soaked because its rained for the last month or so.

I have also cut grass with snow on the ground.

I have also cut grass in the dark when I simply had no other time to do it.

I agree some people are fools, they just might not be the person your thinking of.

/ Anyone recognize these LED lights? #9  
Those look like the Traveller brand I got from TSC a few years back. Still have a 4 pack on shelf. Put a set on wifes car where fog/driving lights would be if she had that option. After I get going I'll have pics of box and of light output. Now to finish napping after back spasms woke me up.

Last edited:
   / Anyone recognize these LED lights? #10  
Trying to figure out why anyone would want lights on a lawn mower... You don't mow damp grass in the evening-night unless you are a fool.
Because here in Texas it may be 110 with 80-90% humidity during the day but drops to 85-90 at night and the grass is still perfectly dry to mow. Much more comfortable to mow after sunset than during the day. I usually start with string trimming just before sunset and finish with the mower in the dark with the lights on.
20170713_222826.jpg
20170713_222739.jpg