Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower?

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #1  

Hilbilly

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L6060HSTCC
Looking for anyone with experience with these blowers and what size tractor you are using it on.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #2  
All I can tell you is... Your 6060 don't have the balls to run an 84" blower, single or 2 stage.. 60 maybe, 72 at the most in light powder only. I have a Lucknow 84 I run with a Kubota M9000 and it is all the tractor can handle and sometimes too much for it. With 84 pto horsepower. Blowers are wicked power eaters. You'll be much happier with a front blade versus a blower. I have them both and I use the blade 95% of the time.

Attachments

• 100_0008.JPG
    100_0008.JPG
    503.1 KB · Views: 258
   / Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #3  
All I can tell you is... Your 6060 don't have the balls to run an 84" blower, single or 2 stage.. 60 maybe, 72 at the most in light powder only. I have a Lucknow 84 I run with a Kubota M9000 and it is all the tractor can handle and sometimes too much for it. With 84 pto horsepower. Blowers are wicked power eaters. You'll be much happier with a front blade versus a blower. I have them both and I use the blade 95% of the time.

Amen!!

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #4  
I call a bit of BS... My 25hp PTO L3200 ran a 60" just fine in packed Colorado drifts. A L6060 with double the HP & probably HST can easily do a 72", probably in the 80" range if you're fine going slow. HST means you can dynamically adjust your speed vs load. I agree plowing is faster 90% of the time, but there are lots of cases ot doesn't cut the mustard.

Does going beyond 72" buy you much? 2 passes with a 60 was plenty for my driveway. Wider wouldnt have opened any more useful area. My parking area might have been able to drop from 6 100' passes to only 5 with a wider blower. Not a huge win.

Looking for a 72" blower now to match my 72" wide L4060HSTC. The 60 got sold as it was to skinny for my new machine.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #5  
Have an 84 inch, 20 inch fan, blower on my Massey 1742. Works for everything I need to clean up. Hst makes a big difference in operational capabilities. Previous land owner had an 84 inch Allied blower on a Massey 1105. That blower was also a foot higher in the body and had a much larger fan, used all the power the tractor had. Need ro match the blower to the tractor.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #6  

Not sure I agree with this. I have a buddy with an LS XR4155 easily blowing through 2ft of snow with a 96" blower. Another buddy with an 84" on a 35HP Kubota and loves it. Around here I see many 60" to 84" blowers hanging off the back off 30 to 60hp machines. We get lots of snow here in Maine, wet, dry, you name it. I am about to get a Woods 74 inch for my 36HP machine and the dealer says it will run it easily.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #7  
Not sure I agree with this. I have a buddy with an LS XR4155 easily blowing through 2ft of snow with a 96" blower. Another buddy with an 84" on a 35HP Kubota and loves it. Around here I see many 60" to 84" blowers hanging off the back off 30 to 60hp machines. We get lots of snow here in Maine, wet, dry, you name it. I am about to get a Woods 74 inch for my 36HP machine and the dealer says it will run it easily.

X2

I have a 78" Lorenz and 32 hp at the PTO. Sure, I can bog it down if I ram into a plowback, but with the HST, creeping into the plowback is not a problem. Tractor Data says your tractor is 67" wide; 72" blower would be the bare minimum I would mount.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #8  
X2

I have a 78" Lorenz and 32 hp at the PTO. Sure, I can bog it down if I ram into a plowback, but with the HST, creeping into the plowback is not a problem. Tractor Data says your tractor is 67" wide; 72" blower would be the bare minimum I would mount.

I measured my rear tires and they are about 70 or 71" outside to outside. I'm thinking 74" will be just wider than my rear tires so it should work.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #9  

I won't tell my L6060 you said she has no balls:D. My 79" snowblower is coming any day now. This tractor had better perform well or I will be extremely bummed out. Not sure how the HST makes things better for snow blowing but glad I have it.

/ Anyone Using a Puma 80" or 84" Snow Blower? #10  
My old B2150 only had 18 HP at the PTO and had no trouble at all running my 60" blower thru a 30" snowfall.