Are you this old?

/ Are you this old? #433  
How many of you remember hearing a sonic boom?

They were outlawed in '73 so hearing them might not qualify you as being old but remembering them, or not, may qualify you.
I've heard a couple. Usually it triggered a massive influx of complaints to the air force base.

Last one I heard was late 80's in the summer. Thought a propane tank blew up at a cabin down the hill from our place.

Heard on the news that night it was a sonic boom.

/ Are you this old? #434  
I use CCs a lot more than I used to, both are cashback cards, so it's like getting 1-5% off my purchases. Gas, almost all the time, other purchases over $25 or so also CC. That's about the extent, I don't see myself going cashless anytime soon, not gonna use a CC for some $8 purchase.

Change gets tossed into a jar, when it gets full-ish I'll go to one of those Coinstar machines and cash them in for an Amazon certificate. If you get cash, they take a 9.5% cut, but on a gift card you get 100% of what you cashed in.
My credit union lets me run coins through their coin sorter for free, as long as I deposit the money in my account.

/ Are you this old? #435  
My credit union lets me run coins through their coin sorter for free, as long as I deposit the money in my account.
It has to be rolled to take it to my CU... yet they then dump it out and run it through their machine anyways. The last time I left home to cash my change in it had been about a year, so I had quite a bit. I stopped at the local general store first and asked them if they needed any change.
"How much do you have?"
"398 dollars."
"I'll take it all." 👍

/ Are you this old?
It has to be rolled to take it to my CU... yet they then dump it out and run it through their machine anyways. The last time I left home to cash my change in it had been about a year, so I had quite a bit. I stopped at the local general store first and asked them if they needed any change.
"How much do you have?"
"398 dollars."
"I'll take it all." 👍
Bangor Savings let's you use their machine free if you have an account.
Last year rolled coin was short and we had trouble getting it at the banks.

/ Are you this old?
65EB9D73-C4EF-4937-94DF-603A2B2245EF.jpeg

/ Are you this old? #440  
None of the banks I've used in, oh I don't know maybe 25 years even had coin sorting machines, at least not in any of the branches. Or at least that's what they told me. If they did, it wasn't where customers could see it. Only way they'd accept coins is if they were rolled.

Pretty amazing how fast the coins add up though...last time I used the Coinstar I had something like $85 in pennies alone. I considered it "found money".(y)