B2601, LX2610SU, or ?

/ B2601, LX2610SU, or ?
Going to a bigger tractor, you probably should just accept that your woods trails should be a tad wider.

I think this argument hit home more than anything I read last night. (Still have more posts to read. Thanks to you all!!!)

Dealer called today and finally had a B2601 to test. We think the LX2610 is going to be the best balance between a nice simple tractor for my wife to do some mowing and the utility I need for more demanding land mgt duties.

So how much wiggle room do dealers have in their quotes? The quote I have is under list on the tractor but over list on the FEL and bucket, bringing the quote to about list plus $300 DOC/FEES. No other dealers have returned my request for quotes to compare.

/ B2601, LX2610SU, or ? #12  
This is an odd time in the tractor market.
  • Dealers have very little inventory.
  • Tractors are in relatively short supply due to supply chain problems.
  • Dealers and customers with submitted-to-factory orders report waiting four or more months for delivery.
  • Consumer demand seems to be fairly strong.
Hopefully things will be better for the consumer during October-November-December.

Last edited:
   / B2601, LX2610SU, or ?
This is an odd time in the tractor market.

Hopefully things will be better for the consumer during October-November-December.

That was an unspoken understanding of mine but thought I’d ask anyway. I can’t wait until fall as I’m without a tractor during summer mowing and gardening season. At least I fell into a riding mower for around the house so I haven’t been push mowing that for the last three weeks!

Also with inflation ticking up I wonder how long 0% will be available as well as current list prices. At this point I think I have a fair deal from a local dealer that seems to provide good service and support.

PS. My wife went to Oklahoma State University… “America’s Brightest Orange”. She loves this purchase.

/ B2601, LX2610SU, or ? #14  
That was an unspoken understanding of mine but thought I’d ask anyway. I can’t wait until fall as I’m without a tractor during summer mowing and gardening season. At least I fell into a riding mower for around the house so I haven’t been push mowing that for the last three weeks!

Also with inflation ticking up I wonder how long 0% will be available as well as current list prices. At this point I think I have a fair deal from a local dealer that seems to provide good service and support.

PS. My wife went to Oklahoma State University… “America’s Brightest Orange”. She loves this purchase.
Several things are affecting tractor prices right now.

People that can, are FLEEING Cities and their surrounding areas. And it is not an aberration. I mean, they are absolutely running away from them. For obvious reasons. And they all want a mini-farm with a tractor. Even the ones that don't need one.

The 'pandemic'. Factories were forced to close because of State and Federal oversight.

Lack of workers. Workers are staying home because...... Because they can. Some can stay home and make more money than working. So even the factories that CAN open are having trouble finding help.

China is taking advantage of the situation. They play hardball there. They play for keeps. Australia is getting whacked by China right now. Some other say China is losing. It's a worldwide situation. Everybody knows about it (except here). A lot of our parts come from China, without which...... No makee tractor.

Inflation. 25% of our entire money supply was created in the last 12 Months. They're just printing money.

So I recommend that, if you can wait a year or so, you might be better off. These are strange times. Very strange times.

But, I'm weird. I won't kiss somebody's butt so I can give them tens of thousands of MY dollars. The pendulum will swing, it always does

Good luck

Last edited:
   / B2601, LX2610SU, or ? #15  
I am trading my L2501 on a LX2610, dealer came down about 8% off list and giving me pretty good trade value for my L.

/ B2601, LX2610SU, or ? #16  
Sold my BX2660 with 60"mmm and FEL for $12,500 and paid $20,900 for a B2601 with 60" mmm and FEL also picked up a 4' box blade for 700 dollars.

I was shocked at implement prices and will definitely keep my gate and barn locked up with all of the Grand L items.