B2601 Post auger

/ B2601 Post auger #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
Hydraulic Auger
Would like to get a Frt mounted post auger for my B2601 with a 434 quick attach frt loader on it. Posts and Shrub planting, would like 12in aug if possible. Anyone have experience with such a set up?

/ B2601 Post auger #3  
I'm not sure you are going to have the flow you need for a front mounted auger. Be sure to check your available flow to the minimum requirements of the auger.

/ B2601 Post auger #4  
I'm not sure you are going to have the flow you need for a front mounted auger. Be sure to check your available flow to the minimum requirements of the auger.

Kabota owns Land Pride, auger is performance matched to BX and L (successor to the B) it should provide acceptable performance. Best feature auger can be reversed when you hit something hard.

/ B2601 Post auger #5  
Sorry, senior moment, the LX is the (successor to the B). B2601 fairly recent model and 1 step up from BX model.

/ B2601 Post auger #6  
My 40hp L4060 barely has enough flow (12gpm if I recall, 15hp worth) for the smallest hydraulic SSQA auger. I struggle with a 12" auger at times.

/ B2601 Post auger #7  
My 40hp L4060 barely has enough flow (12gpm if I recall, 15hp worth) for the smallest hydraulic SSQA auger. I struggle with a 12" auger at times.

Flow = speed. Pressure = torque. 8-12 gpm at 2500-3000 psi will run a hydraulic post auger just fine if the hydraulic motor is speced properly.
McMillen X975 Skid Steer, Skidsteer, Planetary Auger Drive Unit, 2" Hex Drive, 6-15 GPM, 24" Max diameter Auger

/ B2601 Post auger #8  
Flow = speed. Pressure = torque. 8-12 gpm at 2500-3000 psi will run a hydraulic post auger just fine if the hydraulic motor is speced properly.
McMillen X975 Skid Steer, Skidsteer, Planetary Auger Drive Unit, 2" Hex Drive, 6-15 GPM, 24" Max diameter Auger

EP615 Auger System | Danuser is what I have, basically the same specs & is the smallest flow rated one they have. On my L4060 it spins a 12" auger ok. Not as fast or as strong as I'd like or compared to a PTO PHD on my old L3200.

Tractor hydraulics only go to 2,500psi where skid steer hydraulics go to 3-3.5k or so. So we loose out on some torque compared to a skid. You have to fight a bit to make it work as we have open center hydraulics. You can either spin the auger or raise/lower the boom, not really both at the same time. I'd still pick the hydraulic auger over the PTO one, but it's not as big of an upgrade as some people might think on a CUT or SCUT. Given the lower torque due to lower pressures I can stall the 12" auger quite often. A bigger auger needs more torque & would stall way more & be even more frustrating to run. I have hard and/or sticky clay around here, so better soil conditions may be easier for others to operate in.