Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet?

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #1  

Chling89

Tractor
TYM T25
Hello all, first post.

I own a TYM T25 with a backhoe.

I am wondering if anyone covers the outrigger feet for personal protection?

Cannot find a single thing online, unless my search words are way off.

I have kids running around and I myself have ran into them when they are upright/stowed.

I am thinking along the lines of rubber/ foam / or insulated covers.
I may even go the route of throwing some buckets over them if they will fit, or pool noodles.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4704.jpeg
    IMG_4704.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 111
   / Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #3  
Kevin, I'm going to call you out on your post. It was the guy's first post. He's obviously new to tractors (and back hoes). He's got what is a problem for him. And you post what you posted.
Better to have kept your thoughts to yourself than to denigrate him or his kids.

Chling - welcome to TBN. We're glad to have you. We're all not grumpy on Saturday afternoons.
Eric

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #4  
Hello all, first post.

I have kids running around and I myself have ran into them when they are upright/stowed.

I may even go the route of throwing some buckets over them if they will fit, or pool noodles.

Thanks!
Just thinking outside the box:
Back the backhoe part up to a wall where people & kids probably wont be running. You can swivel the dipperstick to the side to get even closer.

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #5  
I just got done replacing the seals on the outrigger cylinders on my 1997 Terramite I noticed some rusting around the cylinder ends that I suspect to be due to years of sitting outside at a rental yard with the outriggers raised. I'm guessing water collected and then seeped in over time. My thought is to put the outriggers in the down position. Maybe the kids would trip over them, but wouldn't they run into the boom on the backhoe anyway?

Welcome. And looking forward to hearing how you like your T25 with the backhoe.

/ Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #8  
   / Backhoe Owners - How do you cover the outrigger feet? #10  
Hello all, first post.

Thanks!
Welcome to TBN! I am in the camp if possible lower the loader, Backhoe bucket and outriggers to the ground. Especially with kids around. Last thing you want is one child on the tractor playing around with the control valve levers while the other one is under a raised implement.

TBN is a lot like the rest of the internet and the world. Some rude folks should just be ignored.