Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K??

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
Looking for one that I can plug into my existing 220 50 amp service that I use for a welder. Probably need auto pilot and it needs to cut 3/4 to 1 inch occasionally. Any suggestions appreciated. Ken Sweet

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #2  
I would imagine that Jim Colt from Hypertherm will chime in on the subject soon. Powermax 45 on Amazon for $1890.

I would definitely look at Everlast. Their PowerPlasma 60, 70, 80 all can easily do 1" and are well under $2K on Amazon or through Mark if you give him a call, even less with the discount most likely available.

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #3  
Definitely give the Everlast a consideration. Even the 60 should do that at almost half the cost.

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K??
Have the Everlast cutters performed well over time? I really like the pricing. Ken Sweet

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #5  
There are some longevity reviews on youtube if you look around. Seems like well made products that they stand behind. I'm eyeballing the the multi process machines for a variety of projects.

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #6  
There are some longevity reviews on youtube if you look around. Seems like well made products that they stand behind. I'm eyeballing the the multi process machines for a variety of projects.
I bought a Brand X once. Had it go bad twice. I now have Everlast stick, plasma, and Tig units. Enough said. I like the Everlast units.

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #7  
I'm eyeballing the the multi process machines for a variety of projects.
Never buy a multi-process welder that has plasma, and high frequency for Tig welding! :thumbdown:

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #8  
I own a hypertherm 1000 powermax. It has been a great machine. I have owned it 5 yrs. it is way out of warrantee. The Board got toasted in a short. I sent it to them and they fixed it without question. Frankly I had expected to pay. Tech said he could tell it was low hr machine and it should not have failed. Still cutting!

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K?? #9  
Do you need to pierce 1"...or is edge starting ok? To pierce 1" repeatedly you would need a 125 amp plasma (like the Powermax125), however if edge starting is adequate then a Hypertherm Powermax45 will do the job. It is conservatively rated as a 1/2" machine, however it has higher load voltage and a shielded torch that allow you to cut thicker and faster as compared to most other 60 amp units. For a little more power step up to the Powermax65. Either will operate well on a 50 amp 230 volt welder circuit. If price is your primary concern....you probably won't like the Hypertherm's! If ease of use, lowest operating cost, support from a real factory and long term reliability are deciding factors...then the extra cost is a bargain. Jim Colt

/ Best 3/4" plasma cutter for under 2K??
Do you need to pierce 1"...or is edge starting ok? To pierce 1" repeatedly you would need a 125 amp plasma (like the Powermax125), however if edge starting is adequate then a Hypertherm Powermax45 will do the job. It is conservatively rated as a 1/2" machine, however it has higher load voltage and a shielded torch that allow you to cut thicker and faster as compared to most other 60 amp units. For a little more power step up to the Powermax65. Either will operate well on a 50 amp 230 volt welder circuit. If price is your primary concern....you probably won't like the Hypertherm's! If ease of use, lowest operating cost, support from a real factory and long term reliability are deciding factors...then the extra cost is a bargain. Jim Colt

Hey Jim, Mostly edge starting and piercing on up to 5/8" and occasional straight cutting 3/4 to 1" that is sometime dirty or rusty. Ken Sweet