Best UTV?

/ Best UTV? #21  
Nice to have you here with us Dan. Personally we stay far away from UTV with Hydrostatic trannys. If operating at high elevation is a concern, they rob much HP.

We are looking for advice on the purchase of a utility vehicle. We have a remote cabin 7,000 ft elevation, with a 500 ft driveway on a 22% grade. We need the UTV to be at least a 4 seater to occasionally transport guests, as well as haul heavy loads of building materials up, and down the steep grade. The UTV will only be used for these purposes up, and down the steep drive path. We also will need a snow removal attachment. We are in the process of researching the best UTV for our specific needs. We are strongly considering the Kubota X 1140, but are a little overwhelmed with the vast amount of choices available, and need to narrow it down. We would be grateful for input from experienced UTV owners.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Dan

/ Best UTV? #22  
Went through the same and bought a used Samurai and it has been a tremendous work horse... Paid $1,000 for it.

On the ranch which has some very steep slopes went for Kubota 900 with Hydro which we found to be very safe on the slopes and never need to use the brakes

/ Best UTV? #23  
That ROXOR is amazing! At last, someone is building a proper utility vehicle. Proper automotive/truck technology. Not that borrowed from the off-road sports market.

Anyone happen to notice it kind of looks like a JEEP? Too Funny!

A guy should get hold of an unused Jeep VIN plate, get some Jeep stickers and put it on the road.

/ Best UTV? #24  
Went through the same and bought a used Samurai and it has been a tremendous work horse... Paid $1,000 for it.

On the ranch which has some very steep slopes went for Kubota 900 with Hydro which we found to be very safe on the slopes and never need to use the brakes

Forgot about that one, blast from the past but totally capable. One co-worker used to pull out 4wd trucks at matagorda beach.
I would also consider a old Datsun truck, Ford Ranger, or a beater jeep.
The jeep has a small bed can remove cab cover has 4wd and is small.
Many good options other then a 5 figure UTV.
Even a good used UTV is still 4 to five figure machine.
Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
   / Best UTV? #25  
Polaris general 1000.i have one and love it.plenty of power,dump bed and you can still cut loose and play if you want to.

/ Best UTV? #26  
20180602_154210.jpeg

/ Best UTV? #27  
I have a Kubota X1100C. It's a great workhorse on my hills. If we were at altitude, I would consider an aftermarket turbo for it. I wish they made a factory turbo. It's not speedy but it's a workin' beast.

/ Best UTV? #28  
We bought the six passenger Mahindra mpact last fall. Nice vehicle only issue was a broken throttle cable. Does everything I need it to do, max speed is around 35 mph. Has 4 wheel drive and tilt bed. Got the windshield and roof free. I would highly recommend it.

/ Best UTV? #29  
We are looking for advice on the purchase of a utility vehicle. We have a remote cabin 7,000 ft elevation, with a 500 ft driveway on a 22% grade. We need the UTV to be at least a 4 seater to occasionally transport guests, as well as haul heavy loads of building materials up, and down the steep grade. The UTV will only be used for these purposes up, and down the steep drive path. We also will need a snow removal attachment. We are in the process of researching the best UTV for our specific needs. We are strongly considering the Kubota X 1140, but are a little overwhelmed with the vast amount of choices available, and need to narrow it down. We would be grateful for input from experienced UTV owners.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Dan

Polaris makes a pretty stout and relatively inexpensive 6x6. Large load capacity and the 6x6 will be super stable on the grade.
Polaris 6x6

/ Best UTV? #30  
That ROXOR is amazing! At last, someone is building a proper utility vehicle. Proper automotive/truck technology. Not that borrowed from the off-road sports market.

Anyone happen to notice it kind of looks like a JEEP? Too Funny!

A guy should get hold of an unused Jeep VIN plate, get some Jeep stickers and put it on the road.

Being a Jeep guy I feel just the opposite about it. I see no market niche at all. A very, very nice used Jeep can be boight for the price and no illegal deception is needed. :)