Best UTV?

/ Best UTV? #41  
Here is a picture of the UTV... the one I bought for $1000

View attachment 557788

That a real Bantam?
The only downside I see to buying something like a Suzuki or Jeep instead a UTV is size...UTVs (for the most part) are narrower and a shorter wheel base...able to get into places a beater pickup might not be able to go

/ Best UTV? #42  
Yep... Bantam 60 Roadster... 60 mpg and 60 mph... or so the advertising said.

It sure is a crowd pleaser... at 6'4" tall I can only look over the windshield when driving... had a 1933 American Austin too...

Can't say anything bad about the Sami... owned it about 20 years and spent nothing on it... taken it on a few trips to Santa Cruz/Redwoods... mostly it hauls fuel and supplies and for a time was my only 4 wheel drive so needed it to haul trailers out from the back 40...

I have loaded it up with sack concrete and pieces from a 18 by 36 concrete driveway... wanted to use the chunks to shore up a soft spot on a fire trail... loaded Sami and then drove 5 miles, then down the trial and off loaded.

The Kubota RTV 900 is safer for the family in that it is always in gear... the hydro provides excellent hill holding and braking... I let the kids drive the Kubota just about anywhere... no clutch or shifting to worry about.

That old single axle trailer has been in almost every State with a lotus Super 7 in tow back in the day... it has also hauled original GT40 to the SF import car show in the 70's.... wish I could find the picture... a million dollar car on that trailer.

/ Best UTV? #43  
We have the four seater Kubota 1140. We call it our farm taxi... Great machine, lots of power, good 4wd, good load capacity, and towing ability. That being said, it is not an atv... no tearing around, and jumping hills with it. Also, the turning radius is about a quarter acre...:D We absolutely love ours.

View attachment 557820

/ Best UTV? #44  
My Sami was bought new by a couple that towed it behind their RV. It had been sitting in their carport for several yeas here in California.
Same as me, almost. I have a Yamaha Rhino but wanted something enclosed with air conditioning.

Samis are great, almost as easy to get parts as Jeeps, but I wanted an automatic so got a Isuzu Amigo. 2-door (with rear bench seat seats 4 or 5), very short, but V6 with 4x4 with hi-lo will go anywhere and is barely larger then my Rhino.

OP asked about UTVs so my first response was a UTV, but a Jeep, Sami or Isuzu can be had for far less and truly is more capable. But the Rhino may still have the edge for plain fun on really nice days, except for the noise and dust.

Amigo_Trail.jpg

/ Best UTV? #45  
   / Best UTV? #48  
That's a very pretty Sami (in the picture at least ;)), but I think they are asking too much. If I didn't have my Isuzu I'd go look, though.

Is the front lift kit mount ripping away from the frame? Picture from the ad:

View attachment 557824

Wondered the same thing and agree the price is too high, but hey, it's Cali, it's cool. lol

Kevin

/ Best UTV? #49  
We have an x900. I would sell it in a heartbeat if my wife didn’t love it so much. It hauls a ton. Will go up any hill. Reliable to a fault and so painfully slow you can walk faster up a hill.

/ Best UTV? #50  
I'm not sure what the OP means when he says guests. If they are just friends then maybe they would be fine with getting into the back seat of a Suzuki or a Jeep. Or maybe not. I've owned them all and each has their place. Around here forget trying to find one, the demand is too high to find a nice used one. I also don't think I would want a unibody vehicle. They only last so long driving over uneven rocky ground. I had a Sidekick given to me and after a couple years of playing where the Samurai would take the abuse the Sidekick started falling apart. Even if you do go with a Samurai you will still need to modify it. You'll most likely want to put more aggressive tires, locking differentials, and probably a roll cage. Depending on what tires you put on it you could be adding new springs. But if you'll be climbing hills with it raising the center of gravity isn't the best idea.