Better parking brake warning needed.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #31  
I always lower implements before getting off the tractor. I only need to set the parking brake when there's a tendency to roll. This particular parking brake doesn't seem to set as hard as the brakes on my other tractors. It's been bugging me since day one so this thread was timely in inspiring me to add a brake light indicator.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #33  
At this point, it's just one more modification among others I've already made.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
One among many :rolleyes: ;)

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #35  
There are two Kubota tractors at a farm I attend regularly. An M 8200 special utility and a M 105 S 4x4. Little parking brake lock under the dash. If I have to use it, I keep a 4' long 2x4 with me to bang it off. Their parking brake system is pretty sorry.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #36  
LOL I think I am used to too old of tractor............ Set the uphill brake hard, if I forget to take it off, the tractor drives in a circle until I remember..........

Best,

ed

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #37  
If the freaking E brake worked like it should we wouldn't need a better indicator because there would be no driving off with it on, right? :rolleyes:
If I add an idiot light to my tractor, does that make me an ________?

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #38  
Following! I do this more often than I would like to admit. Interested to see all of the possible solutions.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
Following! I do this more often than I would like to admit. Interested to see all of the possible solutions.
Right, problem with the 50+ hp HST is it will walk away with the rear implement engaged and the brake on like no problem and the warning light is an anemic dash icon that doesn't really show once you get a good layer of dust/dirt on it aka open station tractor.
Got my footswitch from amazon yesterday...

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #40  
My friend hacked the B26 ecm with a parking brake switch to kill the engine if HST pedal moved much like the operator present seat switch. Said his wife wouldn’t pay attention to a warning light. Maybe a better use of the seat switch? Some people need a different 2x4 to get their attention.