big tex dump trailer problem

/ big tex dump trailer problem #1  

jiminpa

Bronze Member
Tractor
massy 35 diesel
I got a 2 year old big tex dump trailer, model 70sr, that started to puke hydraulic fluid when coming down. it also will not stay up when you release the button, it slowly comes back down. dealer has been worthless, says its out of warranty and not his problem.

/ big tex dump trailer problem #2  
Have you checked all the connections and made sure everything is tight. Where are you losing the fluid from (Cylinder, hose, fitting, pump, etc) That will help someone help you.
I would also consider calling the manufacture, sometime they are good at helping with problems such as this. Nothing to lose but a few minutes in the phone.
Good luck

/ big tex dump trailer problem #4  
You've got my attention Jim. I also have a 2 yr old Big Tex 70sr dump trailer.
I hope the fix is something simple.
I'm watching.

/ big tex dump trailer problem
power down..comes out of the reservoir.dumps about half of it out.

/ big tex dump trailer problem #6  
Is it clean looking oil or is it milky or foamy?

/ big tex dump trailer problem #7  
Is it clean looking oil or is it milky or foamy?

That is what I was wondering....it's not like it can get "extra" oil from somewhere else. If something is causing it to foam up with a bunch of air, then it will overwhelm the reservoir.

I know sometimes a snowplow pump/cylinders can be a pain to bleed the air.

/ big tex dump trailer problem #9  
My Big Tex trailer did this one time, but has not done it since. Maybe it had too much hydraulic fluid in it.

/ big tex dump trailer problem #10  
My Big Tex trailer did this one time, but has not done it since. Maybe it had too much hydraulic fluid in it.

That was my initial thought. But it would be hard to have too much fluid unless someone filled it with the piston extended.