Bolt on bucket teeth

/ Bolt on bucket teeth #11  
Thats a lot of scrapping to ware down bucket teeth. And why cant a bolt on tooth bar be added to a skid steer bucket?

I have a picture somewhere that I will post that shows the old teeth and the new one. .. the way the Cat bucket is, only allows for one or the other..cutting edge or teeth. The bolt on teeth won't fit over a C.E.

/ Bolt on bucket teeth #12  
Think I got about all I could out of these teeth.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.PNG
    IMG_0492.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 153
   / Bolt on bucket teeth
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that's what I call getting your money's worth, how much are new the new teeth?

/ Bolt on bucket teeth #14  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that's what I call getting your money's worth, how much are new the new teeth?

I don't recall, Maybe 300.00 ish for the set with bolts.....but not certain.

/ Bolt on bucket teeth #15  
Looking at all the work "oldpath" took to make his teeth work, I suspect you decided to go the easier route "Tomtint". I have a flat bucket on my FEL, so now I'll need to make something or just forget it. I do have some old springs from a trailer which had broken parts, so I do have something to work with. Having a set of bolt on teeth makes a lot of sense to me. If I need to level ground, it will be easier if I remove the teeth. I'll put this down for the next project I put on my list. I'm still working on some projects I started a few years back but when my back started giving me fits, I stopped. Staying at home all the time is driving my wife crazy! We've been together for 45 years next month but I really don't know how we've done it. I think she wants me to move out to the shop so she'll have some peace and quiet.

Thanks for the excellent ideas you've shown me. Maybe I can use my small tractor to dig the ditch for the big fence after all.

/ Bolt on bucket teeth #16  
IF, I put anything on my bucket, it's going to be a tooth bar...

SR

/ Bolt on bucket teeth
IF, I put anything on my bucket, it's going to be a tooth bar...

SR

But you dont need a bucket teeth on your land of easy digging.

/ Bolt on bucket teeth #18  
But you dont need a bucket teeth on your land of easy digging.
I don't think I'd go so far as to say that...

I have a sand pit, and I use the dozer to push up piles to make it easier on the loader. Tooth bar would make it easier yet...

SR

/ Bolt on bucket teeth
With new bucket teeth on there also arose another problem, my forks wont fit on wile the tooth bar is on. So to avoid the off and on syndrome with the tooth bar, the clamp bolts on the forks have to be re-arranged, it's the domino affect change one thing I have to change something else. After 6 hours I got the bolt clamps set a little higher so the forks will go on and off without removing the tooth bar, I'm finding that the tooth bar might stay on lot longer then first thought where as it works so good for digging.

First the before.
R97SMDmh.jpg

i5bwIhSh.jpg

f1M2llBh.jpg

ET7CwWgh.jpg

Carbon arc gouging - YouTube

/ Bolt on bucket teeth
So now my long pallet forks are refitted, now my short log lift forks wont fit, I'll leave them alone in case I take tooth bar off. Time for a new redesign short log lift fork and to report a miracle, after all welded the short forks still fitted, able to bolt right back on, a little snug so they have to be tapped on but as the tooth bar wares the log lift forks will probably get a little loose, we'll see.

When first drilled the 1/2' holes, the left side ended up 1/4" off, didn't wont to ream out that much so filled one hole back in with weld and remeasured, re-punched, re-measured, re-drilled, re-measured and that's more like it, two 1/2" holes match up with two 1/2" threaded holes. One hard parts done, next hard part is turn my limited design skills on, and everyone says go buy a grapple or thumb, wellll I just dont the $$$$ right now, probably wont latter either, but for now this is the cheaper way to lift logs.

l64YLxfl.jpg

dKBFsUYh.jpg

Qeh15HWh.jpg

yBErqAFh.jpg