Bolt Size Help

/ Bolt Size Help
Maybe I missed it along the way. So what was the point of this exercise? Are you planning to bolt something to this assembly? Surely it wasn't just to plug a couple of open holes.
You missed part of why I wanted to find the correct bolt, and I have future plans to attach to those bolts, which I did not exactly specify in the post. My challenge and the first thing I had to do was make sure I had the correct bolts for the holes. Those holes are blond holes in the front of the transmission near the hydraulic shuttle and I did not want to be messing around too much without knowing for sure. I had tried some bolts I had and I had also contacted Kubota by email first then a recent visit, Neither one produced the correct bolt result and after trial and error and a few misguided post derailments It became a mission to find the correct bolts for the holes. One of the members here came through for me and really helped by being able to try a tap they were able to borrow and help me confirm the correct size. I had tried several bolts and the threads just didn't seem right. After I got another correct opinion, ( thank you KWENTLING) of the threads I purchased a tap and cleaned the holes and I already had some of the 16mm 1.5 threads and they are what works like a champ. In summary I reached out for help on the forum and I ended up getting the answer I needed and a lot of opinions along the way. 😉

/ Bolt Size Help #142  
In summary I reached out for help on the forum and I ended up getting the answer I needed and a lot of opinions along the way. 😉
Thats EXACTLY what this forum is all about

/ Bolt Size Help #143  
You missed part of why I wanted to find the correct bolt, and I have future plans to attach to those bolts, which I did not exactly specify in the post. My challenge and the first thing I had to do was make sure I had the correct bolts for the holes. Those holes are blond holes in the front of the transmission near the hydraulic shuttle and I did not want to be messing around too much without knowing for sure. 😉
So that's why it too so long to figure out what bolts belonged in them. Blonds can be so hard to understand.

Doug in SW IA

/ Bolt Size Help #146  
Hello, I am trying to find the correct size bolts to fit my M6060 I am attaching a picture I found showing the bolts holes I am looking for. I have tries several sizes both metric and SAE but to no avail. And I have looked at the diagrams at Messicks and they are not shown. Anybody Know what size these are metric standard fine thread pitch etc. I need bolts to fit up in the two holes in front of this bracket someone else built in the picture. Thanks
We have Tractor Supply stores here. They have a plate with all different size bolt patterns. You can try until you find the corret one.
If that's not availiable, go to a hardware store and try the different size nits until you find the correct one.

/ Bolt Size Help #147  
We have Tractor Supply stores here. They have a plate with all different size bolt patterns. You can try until you find the corret one.
If that's not availiable, go to a hardware store and try the different size nits until you find the correct one.
He already found the correct size bolt...

But in this case, I think it would be a tad difficult to take the transmission casting of a 60hp utility tractor to the aisle of a tractor supply store...lol

/ Bolt Size Help #148  
He already found the correct size bolt...

But in this case, I think it would be a tad difficult to take the transmission casting of a 60hp utility tractor to the aisle of a tractor supply store...lol
Yea, I didn't realize there were already replies. Had I looked back........

/ Bolt Size Help #149  
It just occurred to me that the next time I run into identifying an over-sprayed mystery thread, I'll put a little Zip Strip in it the night before. (paint remover gel)

Last edited:
   / Bolt Size Help #150  
An assortment of smaller bolts can sometimes be used like a thread pitch gauge. Slip one into the hole and feel the threads drop into place, or almost, or not.

Bruce