Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #61  
GREAT!, Nice looking setup. I even like the trailer. Looks like you life is going to get easier working on your property and a lot more fun! Nice Job.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments
Thanks, jj. I've already come to realize how much easier my firewood production will be now, having the front grapple. Instead of clambering through the forest to grab every downed log, I can simply stay on the seat and pluck trees out and up with the grapple. Before, I was often really stressing out my back some days, by manually lifting and flipping log sections out into the trails so that I could load them up with forks.

Got my son to forget about TV shows and video games for a bit this weekend. He loved it, was very cautious and deliberate with each backhoe motion. Painfully slow to watch, but I was glad he was being so careful haha.

K85wRKD.jpg

So nice to be able to take modest trees down without lugging out a chainsaw, and no stumps to deal with. Though I will say, this took a lot longer than it would have with a rented mini-excavator. My backhoe is going to be stored in the tent shed in the background, so I needed some more space to maneuver in front of the zipper door when I go to remove it.

Then my new work lights came in handy when I let a couple buddies try it out during a bonfire at my buddies house next door. I could have walked over to it, but I offered to bring firewood, and had to show her off a bit.

PSYJqSN.jpg

Well I didn't feel right about doing any more digging until I ensured everything was well greased, so last night I dove in. I knew it would be a bit of a chore with including the backhoe, but I did not expect to find 50 zerks! 50! jeez, man. I decided to try a lock'n'lube coupler; not bad. Still kinda messy, and didn't fit into a couple spots, but easier overall.

hTpEZPt.jpg

Anyone else with a ck3510 notice that there is a blank line in the badging/labeling on each side of the hood? I added a stupid one to each side that is kind of an inside joke among by buddies, who text it back and forth often (sound it out).

9doknHn.jpg

I made the vinyl stickers on diylettering.com - Font: handel, italic, dark blue border, 200+% border width, font/letter height ~1". Not a perfect match, but, good enough.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #65  
Well since I bought my tractor used, I didn't get any dealer swag along with it. Decided to check out the official Kioti apparel site (which they don't have a link to from their main home page? odd)

Apparel - KIOTI Tractor Gear

https://gear.kioti.com

And was surprisingly pleased to see so many items on clearance pricing. So I picked up a shirt for everyone in the family, lol. (They all think I am a giant dork.) I can see why a bright white tractor hat was on clearance though, it's completely trashed with stains after just a couple days of use.

KyTPZ0X.jpg

Getting ready to do a full service on this machine (and my old Cub Cadet as well). Filters are wix brand, from fleetfilter.com, easy to cross reference all the part numbers and feel confident. Mobil delvac (same as 424) is only $50/5-gal at tractor supply. I probably should have bought another jug to have extra, oh well. Hydraulic hoses are the AMA kit from tractor supply as well; hopefully my top cylinder ships from surplus center soon.

ErXyraz.jpg

Despite spending so much money on this tractor and package, I didn't really have a way to plow snow with it yet. Ideally I would like a 7' truck plow on an ssqa plate, and/or a heavy duty 6-way rear scraper blade. But my fabrication skills are still under development, and lead time on good new rear blades is crazy long right now. So I nabbed this 7 footer off facebook for just $250! Should do the job this winter, and maybe beyond. It's even painted orange.... kinda sorta. I am debating whether or not to scrape/sand and paint it.

khhhySq.jpg

Ud4Ew8v.jpg

Still loving the new tractor. Not getting much seat time yet, but it will come.

Finally have my front end protected, so I can charge into brush piles with the grapple.

Huge shout out to Broken Anvil Metalworks! Dude does top notch work, quickly, at very reasonable prices. I was tempted to add all the customization options and powdercoating, but my play-funds are pretty tapped out at this point after buying the tractor and various related bits. So I elected to take the bare metal, and just hit it with some glossy clear coat for now. If my paint job fails eventually (likely, lol), I will pull it off and try something new. But I love how it looks as-is.

Test fit after cleat coat:
EAGGVZO.jpg

Mounted:
Xf2SzD5.jpg

LrsB3f6.jpg

Well I haven't had much seat time lately. So last week on a beautiful fall Thursday, I ducked outta work to go play.

Started by cleaning up my trails, some of which I hadn't been on in many months.

KIFNsbt.jpg

My bridge is holding up well and thankfully still plenty strong.

a5q3toR.jpg

Placed a scrap piece of culvert into this drainage ditch near my road frontage. Needs a bit more dirt.

5bE1Zis.jpg

And tucked back into her den. I've been taking the bucket off when parked to save a couple feet of room in the garage. SSQA ftw.

gMmQgFL.jpg

Unfortunately, after digging out and pushing over some trees with the backhoe this weekend, the "CEL" light came on. I figured I could pull the codes through the OBD port and hopefully save a dealer trip. So far no luck though!

My own OBD2 scanner wouldn't connect. A borrowed one from work could see the ECU, but didn't play nice. "freeze frame" data did show a P2119 code, "ACV control fault". ACV is the throttle body in the intake.

S4iFhXc.jpg

The code reader showed either 2 or 3 codes depending on when I scanned it, but when I went to the "read codes" setting and hit enter, the engine would promptly die! Sheesh.

kIcsFxz.jpg

I decided to take a chance and spend $100 on a new semi-professional scan tool that has the HD J1939 protocol built in. May not work, but let's hope it does. Will still be handy to have for all my other vehicles.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #69  
Very interested to see if it works. I know I'll grab one if you find out it does work!

Will do. I'm pretty hopeful, but not too confident.

In the meantime, I'm going to pull her out of the garage tonight and force a regen cycle on the dpf, to see if that helps any.