Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #131  
Well from my perspective, the Kioti dealer and Kioti Corporate advisor did a great job getting this new Kioti up and running. However, dealer preparation should have identified the electrical harness issue before delivery. I always like to see 3 or 4 hours on the machine before delivery. Typically that implies those hours of run time were for dealer preparation.

I seriously doubt the fuel delivery rail needed replacement on the tractor. They are rated at 6000 hours before failure.

They had 2hrs 'prep time' on it according to OP, plus it ran for 30mins at the dealers when he picked it up after the first repair attempt and only failed again a couple hours later. Kinda hard for a tech to run your tractor around for most of day doing nothing else.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #132  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
Lawyer up! Somebody owes you a tractor. You have to rent a Kubota? No loaner from your dealer? Nah, man, lawyer up!

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #133  
Throwing good money after bad. Unless a free loaner was in a contract, it is simply a goodwill gesture on the part of the dealership. They made an effort to repair and solved the problem. Frivolous lawsuits cost everyone more money.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #134  
And now that the bug is worked out, you are gonna try your luck again? Pretty foolish, IMO. What this really seems like (and I suspected from the start, since you didn't have the thing but a few days(?) before riling everyone up about 'how bad Kioti is') is that you didn't *really* want the Kioti and only bought the tractor 'cause it was available when you needed one.
I will admit i have not read all of the post however, what i read sounds like what you have described. I also have had my round with tractor problems myself and it has in the end cost me a lot of money trading and getting rid of units that were problematic from the get go. I would like to hear him answer your question too! I always wanted what I bought and bought from reputable dealers, but I have the same suspicion as you! Availability, trying to save a penny, wanting it NOW, and inexperience led him down the path of a fly by night, side of the road, tractor/carport/outbuilding/utility trailer, lawnmower dealer. And he has got caught up in dealers web and now crying about the tractor/carport/lawn mower/utility trailer shade tree mechanic still trying to learn how to read a code reader while throwing parts at a new machine as fast as he can hoping he will take it back with a band-aid fix and never come back before they sell out of the kioti tractor business and blame it on covid.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #135  
I will admit i have not read all of the post however, what i read sounds like what you have described. I also have had my round with tractor problems myself and it has in the end cost me a lot of money trading and getting rid of units that were problematic from the get go. I would like to hear him answer your question too! I always wanted what I bought and bought from reputable dealers, but I have the same suspicion as you! Availability, trying to save a penny, wanting it NOW, and inexperience led him down the path of a fly by night, side of the road, tractor/carport/outbuilding/utility trailer, lawnmower dealer. And he has got caught up in dealers web and now crying about the tractor/carport/lawn mower/utility trailer shade tree mechanic still trying to learn how to read a code reader while throwing parts at a new machine as fast as he can hoping he will take it back with a band-aid fix and never come back before they sell out of the kioti tractor business and blame it on covid.

Naw. I don't think the dealer is a fly by night guy. More that buying just whatever is available on the lot because you need it 'now' is just a recipe for frustration. Especially if you already have preconceived biases about what tractor brand you really wanted, because it will always be 'I should've bought a XXXX' and you will never truly be happy with it. This feeling is just compounded if something goes wrong, and you end up frustrated and angry.

As for the problem, it happens. I fell for the same thing when the tranny on my Intrepid went into limp mode. Code said it was a bad solenoid in the tranny and after verifying with the guy at the transmission shop, bought a new set of solenoids (they come as a set of 3) and replaced them in my driveway.. to no avail. After a little more back and forth with the tech he finally suggested a rebuilt trans. 2 days later I finally found the problem: a shorted wire that controlled Solenoid A. So, things happen.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #136  
While I like my Kioti it had issues from the outset that were ALL dealer prep issues. It took 2 weeks of arguing with Kioti before they'd fix it under warranty. IMO Kioti Corporate sucks.

My (new-to-me) dealership is operating at full capacity but still 2 weeks out on service/repairs. My ZTM has been there a week and I don't expect it back for at least another week.

IMO sending everyone to college has resulted in this; an economy where we have well educated burger-flippers/waitresses and no one to fix our machines.
Women don't fix machines but go to college, men don't go to college and don't join the labor pool, government has made work so last century.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #137  
Throwing good money after bad. Unless a free loaner was in a contract, it is simply a goodwill gesture on the part of the dealership. They made an effort to repair and solved the problem. Frivolous lawsuits cost everyone more money.
Seems like this thread brought out a lot of first time posters with absolutely no understanding of what is covered under warranty, and what the legal remedies are. And to the posters saying get a lawyer and file suit, I hope you know a good lawyer that has privileges at the federal level in what ever state the company is incorporated in, because that is where the lawsuit would end up, and if it gets resolved before the case hearing it will be dismissed as "Moot" and you will be out all your legal fees, and attorney fees. And I hope you decided to not badmouth the company and you are hoping that they don't get a defamation judgement against you.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #138  
They had 2hrs 'prep time' on it according to OP, plus it ran for 30mins at the dealers when he picked it up after the first repair attempt and only failed again a couple hours later. Kinda hard for a tech to run your tractor around for most of day doing nothing else.
There is a checklist for new Kioti tractors. I received a checklist when taking delivery of my 2018 tractor. And the checklist logged 3.8 hrs dealer preparation time, with a strong focus on electrical, fuel, emission and all fluid levels.

Maybe Kioti no longer does a checklist because of the pandemic labor shortage. But that checklist included 28 electrical system checks, including all lights, switches, fuses, dashboard and electrical harness. They also included a tractor code printout summary, which basically showed the tractor was showing no fault codes prior to delivery. I suspect the OP got nothing but the operators manual, warranty cards and a receipt from the dealer. Its also possible the OP wanted fast delivery, which can shortcut the dealer preparation process.

I got 780 hrs now on my Kioti, and other than newbie mistakes, I have no issues with the mechanical reliability of my tractor. And its good thing too, because while my local Kioti dealer was great in sales and parts, they lack tractor mechanical knowledge after losing much of their staff.

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #139  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
Seems a lot of places you go give you the Covid excuse for delays. I realize there is a delay in getting tractors and parts, but sounds like a dealer problem here. Not a good public relations answer from Kioti. Usually a representative from up the chain of command can light a fire under the dealers butt. I have nothing but good to say about my Ck 3510 and the dealer where I purchased it from.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #140  
While I like my Kioti it had issues from the outset that were ALL dealer prep issues. It took 2 weeks of arguing with Kioti before they'd fix it under warranty. IMO Kioti Corporate sucks.

My (new-to-me) dealership is operating at full capacity but still 2 weeks out on service/repairs. My ZTM has been there a week and I don't expect it back for at least another week.

IMO sending everyone to college has resulted in this; an economy where we have well educated burger-flippers/waitresses and no one to fix our machines.
well educated? probably not.