Building my tractor bridge across the creek

/ Building my tractor bridge across the creek #91  
And unfortunately the bridge sort of does show up on the latest aerial imagery. Enough to raise concern of any pesky local agencies? Let's hope not.

eMvGJE8.jpg
I can't see it, it's like finding a needle in a haystack ... to me the way it goes is nobody cars unless somebody complains or tell them where to look...

/ Building my tractor bridge across the creek
Agreed. You gotta be really looking for it and sorta know it's already there. Maybe I shouldn't have blown the leaves off my gravel approach ramp (grey color on right side) because the brown bridge deck blends in pretty well.

/ Building my tractor bridge across the creek #93  
Agreed. You gotta be really looking for it and sorta know it's already there. Maybe I shouldn't have blown the leaves off my gravel approach ramp (grey color on right side) because the brown bridge deck blends in pretty well.
are you even sure it is ''illegal''? (you don't have to answer this question you can plead the fifth) I know some places are stricter then others but for myself when I built my bridge I ask around and since the creek I build my bridge across wasn't a navigable waterway I didn't need a permit...

Last edited:
That's probably the boat I'm in (navigable waterway pun not intended lol). Uh, I mean I'm not in any boat. No boats in this tiny stream. :p

Anyway I'm sure as heck not gonna go asking around or invite for any inspections.

/ Building my tractor bridge across the creek #95  
Well it is Michigan who is known for regulating everything.

But worse, as of December 30 the ***** Administration has re-invoked the Waters Of The United States Rule (WOTUS) revoked by ***** created by *****. Basically using the Clean Waters Act to claim Federal jurisdiction over every drop of water on the ground. Every watering pond. Everything.

Not to derail my own thread but I am 100% completely ok with regulating anything discharged to a waterway. We have automotive suppliers here in Michigan plating chrome who are apparently allowed to send toxic, forever chemicals like PFAS/PFOS down their drains to the local water treatment plants that have no ability to process or retain such tiny molecules, and instead simply pass it through and discharge to the biggest river in southeast Michigan - that hundreds of thousands of people directly source their drinking water from. How this is at all allowable, boggles my mind. Capitalism and a few jobs are apparently more important than everyone not drinking poison daily.

In Michigan we also let the giant multinational corporation Nestle suck Millions of gallons of groundwater to bottle for profit as "mountain spring water" for only a $150 annual permit (or thereabouts). And a co-worker of mine's father-in-law made millions of dollars by injecting toxic waste deep underground on his farm for a simple cheap permit also. So no, Michigan is not a regulatory hellhole like many claim. We're pretty lax in a lot of ways; to our collective detriment.

Building a little bridge above a tiny waterway that in no way affects the water, is far less critical, of course.

/ Building my tractor bridge across the creek #98  
I agree, discharge can be a very bad thing. I received a "mandatory Federal Ag survey" recently that asked an awful lot of intrusive questions about irrigation.

Local dirtbike/ATV riding club leases 9,000 acres to ride and has to deal with TDEC whose primary concern with us is silt running in to creeks where we cross. So far they have been reasonable, even delighted every time we build a bridge. We have trouble with nonmember trespassers who think running ATVs and SxS up/down in the creeks is fun.

TDEC has come down very hard on other groups for potential silt in creeks.