3-Point Hitch BX 3pt hydro control

/ BX 3pt hydro control #1  

sandyc

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 2380
Trying to figure out the proper adjustment for the 3pt hitch hydro control quarter inching bump stops. I’m tired of dropping the implements too fast and see that there are two small stops that are adjustable if you raise the seat. These come into play if you pull the control lever toward you as you either raise or lower the three point. Can’t find any info on these other than they exist but most folks don’t know about them. Any help?

/ BX 3pt hydro control #2  
I have a BX25D but I am not sure of the levers you are refer. The is knob below the front of the seat that adjusts the 3ph lowering speed. No set stops on the BX that I am aware of.

/ BX 3pt hydro control
I’ll try to send a pic. But if you look down the control lever you’ll see that the lever has a piece of rod welded to it that causes the lever to engage the “bump stops” when you move the lever in either direction. Mine were set at either extreme and as such were not able to be used.

/ BX 3pt hydro control
CF60D039-C14A-4633-B396-612EAED57E6D.jpg

/ BX 3pt hydro control
The pic is upside down. Sorry about that

/ BX 3pt hydro control
Thanks Jeff. Looks like I’ll do a trial and error thing and make adjustments while lowering my blower. You’d think that would be covered in the ops manual.

/ BX 3pt hydro control
Got adjusted ! I can lower the blower very slowly now!

/ BX 3pt hydro control #9  
If you are just trying to control the rate of drop, the valve under your seat works the best. Just close it to where you are happy with the dropping speed. You can reach down and adjust the speed for various implements depending on their weight.

It sounds like you are using the quarter inching function to drop it a bit at a time rather than actually slowing the speed of dropping the blower, but maybe that is what you were after - more of controlling travel distance rather than speed?

/ BX 3pt hydro control
You are right. I’m trying to slowly lower my blower rather than drop it. I found that by holding the lever against the stop I can get consistent drop speed regardless of where the wheel thing is. If I want full drop speed I can still push the lever away and avoid the stop.