BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!!

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #31  
I watched that video...I think part of it is me, I do mine in my shop where the floor is nice like that as well, and store it under the body of my VW bug. But it is all I can do to pull it out....I just don't have the upper body strength any longer. I have to turn the wheels. Then when putting on the right rear lift mount I have to use a little pry bar or screw driver...it does not take much....just a little and pop it goes on.

I also noticed that the boots are damaged....lucky the fan is not, but I am sure that happened in the woods. I really don't want to do the armor, but it looks like I will have to.

Those of you that have bought the armor do you have to take it all off to mount the mower....has anyone made armor that does not have to be taken off for the deck.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #32  
Mounting the deck on a flat hard floor is key. I also remove the left rear wheel in order to hook up the shaft. It's an extra step but it makes dealing with that evil shaft coupling a whole lot less painful.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #33  
No matter what option you choose to hook up your deck, PLEASE make sure you hear the coupling click into place. Even if you hear it, give it a good tug, very bad things happen when that shaft spins at high speed and hits things such as the hydraulic filter. :eek:

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #34  
I watched that video...I think part of it is me, I do mine in my shop where the floor is nice like that as well, and store it under the body of my VW bug. But it is all I can do to pull it out....I just don't have the upper body strength any longer. I have to turn the wheels. Then when putting on the right rear lift mount I have to use a little pry bar or screw driver...it does not take much....just a little and pop it goes on.

I also noticed that the boots are damaged....lucky the fan is not, but I am sure that happened in the woods. I really don't want to do the armor, but it looks like I will have to.

Those of you that have bought the armor do you have to take it all off to mount the mower....has anyone made armor that does not have to be taken off for the deck.
When I had my BX25 I made a shield that protected the fan and allowed the deck to be installed.It took a bit of measuring and trimming to get it to fit properly as there was not much clearance for the drive shaft.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #35  
Cherokee140, I hear you on sliding the deck out without turning the wheels. While I don't mow with my BX25 too often, I've had to mount it quite a few times when my old garden tractor needed some kind of emergency service. Anyway, I keep two, 2x6 boards in the garage about 4' wide each, then drive the BX up onto the 2x6's giving me an extra 1.5" of room. Then I use these small castors they sell at Lowes and I think Harbor freight (and probably elsewhere) to move the deck without turning the wheels. They're rated for 200 lbs each. Each deck wheel fits just right into the cradle of the castor. Makes moving it around and making little adjustments to line things up very easy. Still don't like having to put the PTO shaft on, but that is what it is.

Shop Waxman 6-in Plastic Swivel Caster at Lowes.com

Attachments

• Mower Castors.jpg
    Mower Castors.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 44
   / BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #36  
Cherokee140, I hear you on sliding the deck out without turning the wheels. While I don't mow with my BX25 too often, I've had to mount it quite a few times when my old garden tractor needed some kind of emergency service. Anyway, I keep two, 2x6 boards in the garage about 4' wide each, then drive the BX up onto the 2x6's giving me an extra 1.5" of room. Then I use these small castors they sell at Lowes and I think Harbor freight (and probably elsewhere) to move the deck without turning the wheels. They're rated for 200 lbs each. Each deck wheel fits just right into the cradle of the castor. Makes moving it around and making little adjustments to line things up very easy. Still don't like having to put the PTO shaft on, but that is what it is.

Shop Waxman 6-in Plastic Swivel Caster at Lowes.com

Fantastic idea...I love it. This right here is what this forum is all about.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #37  
When I had my BX25 I made shield that protected the fan and allowed the deck to be installed.It took a bit of measuring and trimming to get it to fit properly as there was not much clearance for the drive shaft.

I have been thinking about building a shield like that...I want it to be nice, what did you make it out of, I have been thinking about diamond plate.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #39  
When I had my BX25 I made a shield that protected the fan and allowed the deck to be installed.It took a bit of measuring and trimming to get it to fit properly as there was not much clearance for the drive shaft.

Any pics?

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #40  
Auto connect on a 1026 is as good as they say IF and ONLY IF it is adjusted right and you remember to put the little metal yokes on the right way if you take off the auto connect to put on the front PTO for a blower.