BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!!

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #41  
I have been thinking about building a shield like that...I want it to be nice, what did you make it out of, I have been thinking about diamond plate.
I made mine out of 1/8" stainless steel with small holes for air circulation but other metals would work as well.I don't have any pictures of it,sorry.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #42  
The drive over sounds GREAT. My steep terrain is much more safely traversed with the mid mount. It puts the mower weight right where you need it for stability and all that weight that would be on the rear constantly trying to pull your rear end down hill is no fun. I have a rear 60" medium duty too, but rarely use it. Removing the mid mount is about 15 minutes and putting it back on about a half hour of hard work.

prs

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #43  
Removing the mid mount is about 15 minutes and putting it back on about a half hour of hard work.

prs

sums it up right there.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #44  
I knew I was probably, in for a fun time today when I set out to mount my 60" MMM on the BX25D for the first mowing of the season. My most clean, level place is my upper driveway landing of 3/4" stone. I turned the little wheels and pushed the deck under the tractor and of course, it dug into the stone quite nicely...even though the wheels were oriented for the task...okay. it's under...now to get the stupid thingys to come down to where they pin on and it seemed like they didn't want to come down...back inside to get the manual...says "set height knob to ZERO then lower arms..." Okay, didn't know that.
Go out and set the knob to "0" and the damned things still don't come down...I peek up under neath and move the down lever and I see they are coming down SLOWLY. Okay line the carrier up with the arms then go to work on the PTO shaft. About a half hour of grunting and yelling in pain as my ribs are pressed against the deck I finally get the shaft to click on...give a couple tugs and she seems connected. Yay.
Back to the arms and find the deck too sunken into the stone surface to allow the pins to slide into the carrier arms...so I set the pin to slide in and lift the deck and she snaps in! Go to the other side and repeat...lift, snap, good! Now to the front hangers and that is an easier proposition and then I'm done.
About an hour or so and Im ready to take off the backhoe and FEL...no big problems there...seems to be a cut and dry process, but remounting them after mowing and washing the BX turns out to be another pain due to the uneven and shifting surface of my driveway...I'll need to get a couple of sheets of plywood to set my FEL and BH on when I remove them...at least until my garage is built and my driveway is paved later this summer...Fun times! :confused2::mur:

By the way...the BX mowed beautifully! The only other little problem is the bouncy ride and bottoming out the seat springs with my 260 lbs...saw a thread somewhere that showed a modification of the seat springs...have to look that up.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #45  
On a tractor forum, I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested leaving the mower on all the time and buying another tractor.

:)

Bruce

My neighbor did that , ordered another BX with loader mounts and has one with mower, bagger and front weights and another with loader and tiller plus his old JD420 with hopper bagger. And he only has 2 1/2 acres.

David Kb7uns

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #46  
My neighbor did that , ordered another BX with loader mounts and has one with mower, bagger and front weights and another with loader and tiller plus his old JD420 with hopper bagger. And he only has 2 1/2 acres.

David Kb7uns

My neighbor has 3 tractors for making hay. He has 4 hay making attachments.