BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!!

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #21  
I've been too lazy to put the MMM on my BX, I've been using my little 42" 3pt trash mower on some of the rougher stuff and my junk box to mow the lawn. Once I service the BX it'll be going on though.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #22  
I have to take my dads MMM off his 04 BX22 in the fall & put it on in the spring and I like many hated it and tried to delay the spring part as long as possible. I was talking to the dealer I bought my equip from about hating it and he said to put the shaft on first then the lift arms & then the front bracket part. While I still was not thrilled about the task it did go considerably easier to my surprise. Also others are mentioning a drive over deck or sliding the deck under, I have always drove over for on & off. I use a couple of pieces of wood and just ease the front tire down. Is that what everyone means by drive over or am I missing something? Thanks-

What your dealer told you is the way I do it and it works, been doing it that way since I got my BX in 2002, my dealer told me the same thing. I do not turn the deck wheels I just drag it on the garage floor. Agree it is my least favorite thing about the BX. I can live with it since I only do it once a year, taking the deck off is the easy part. It is that dang drive shaft coupling that drives me nuts.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #23  
I just borrow a friend's riding mower, and in any case I would never spend $2K for a MMM for my BX25 and then have to take it on and off all the time. (I use the BX for other things in the summer, and could not leave the MMM on full time.)

If I really needed a mower, I would just get one of those nice Garden Tractors that cost less than the cost of a MMM for my BX25. (Might even be green!:eek: Then I would have TWO tractors, and my happiness would be even greater!:dance1:

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #24  
Every year before I take the deck off my bx I turn the anti-scalp wheels sideways. It makes positioning and moving the deck much easier. 10 min. time installing and less removing.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #25  
I have had the deck off the BX 3 times this year, mowed for the 4th time today. I may take it off again next week. I can take the deck off in 40 seconds and put it back on in less than 2 minutes.

BULLITT, you must be one skinny, wiry guy!! :D

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #26  
today was the first time for me, and I'll tell ya, I getting a little ticked off. the PTO went on ok, but not knowing any better I hooked up the front first. And then fought for 20 minutes trying to get the rear left arms over the stupid nuts. Out of ideas and frustration ~ I took the front off and then tried again with the deck slid forward. AHA!

I hope next time will only take a few minutes. We shall see.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #27  
I haven't ever really had a problem with mine, lifting the front end makes a huge difference. The toughest part for me is the pto with my Bro-Tek plate on. The shaft fits through fine but getting my hand behind the plate and in front of the brake rod can be a real _itch.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #28  
BULLITT, you must be one skinny, wiry guy!! :D

:laughing: Here is a video of me removing the deck.

today was the first time for me, and I'll tell ya, I getting a little ticked off. the PTO went on ok, but not knowing any better I hooked up the front first. And then fought for 20 minutes trying to get the rear left arms over the stupid nuts. Out of ideas and frustration ~ I took the front off and then tried again with the deck slid forward. AHA!

I hope next time will only take a few minutes. We shall see.

I hook the rear of the deck first, then I either hook the PTO shaft or the front, it does not matter. I have heard some guys say they hook PTO shaft first but I don't like the deck moving around while I hook it up.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #29  
Slick video 94, yep it's that quick

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!!
I'd like to see you put it back on that quickly. :)