BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!!

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #11  
I don't think there is a problem with the MMM setup on the BX. If you do it a lot like I do, it shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.
I take it of 2 or 3 times a week, you learn how to do it quickly.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #12  
I think the main problem for me with the BX MMM was just the sheer weight and the small amount of clearance to slide it under the tractor. That plus the small clearance to get your arm in to hook up the PTO.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #13  
I try to install the mmm when the loader is on the tractor. Then I can "jack" up the front with the loader to give more clearance. Then I remove the loader after the MMM is installed. If I install in on concrete, I can do it in about 5 minutes, assuming the PTO shaft cooperates.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #14  
IMO...

They (MMM's) make a tractor look like a lawn tractor...regardless....

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #15  
IMO...

They (MMM's) make a tractor look like a lawn tractor...regardless....

I really could care less what it looks like....it just needs to do what I want it to do.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #16  
Yep, I've thought the same thing. It's the only thing I don't like about this BX. I'm wondering if there's a JD forum that explains if the auto-connect is really as good as Deere illustrates it to be.

I just bought mine 3 months ago and I read a lot....A LOT.....A HOLE LOT and what I came away with was that the drive over deck did work real well and no one ever had any issues with it...even on soft ground. Now I also read that the auto connect can be a little fiddley if it is not level, you get off too much to one side or the other, and as the system ages and gets a little play in it the auto connect is even a little more fiddley. This is just what I read.

I really like my BX...it has been a great machine, and the only time I second guessed myself was laying in that field trying to hold up that f-ing shaft while pulling the collar back and slide it on.

I do hope it gets better the more I do it.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #17  
On a tractor forum, I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested leaving the mower on all the time and buying another tractor.

:)

Bruce

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #18  
I have to take my dads MMM off his 04 BX22 in the fall & put it on in the spring and I like many hated it and tried to delay the spring part as long as possible. I was talking to the dealer I bought my equip from about hating it and he said to put the shaft on first then the lift arms & then the front bracket part. While I still was not thrilled about the task it did go considerably easier to my surprise. Also others are mentioning a drive over deck or sliding the deck under, I have always drove over for on & off. I use a couple of pieces of wood and just ease the front tire down. Is that what everyone means by drive over or am I missing something?

Thanks-

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #19  
I had a BX 22 and my father has a BX23. I had and my father had a MMM. The key is to have if on level and hard surface like a garage floor or driveway. It also helps if you keep the loader on so you can lift the front end a bit for extra room. If you have a BH to lift the rear it's even easier. It takes. E less than 5 minutes to put it on and even less to remove it.

/ BX mower attachment: BLECCCHHHHHH!!!!! #20  
I have had the deck off the BX 3 times this year, mowed for the 4th time today. I may take it off again next week. I can take the deck off in 40 seconds and put it back on in less than 2 minutes.