BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #11  
For a BX, 11" of snow is a lot to handle. I'm glad I use a B3030 in the winter time.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #13  
Plowing snow has its own learning curve. Just try to keep the shiny side up.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #14  
In your climate I'd just drive on it until it's packed down. In a week it will all be melted.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #15  
Don't feel bad. We have 12 plus inches here and my Mx5100 was working hard. That is alot of snow to move.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #16  
You guys are making me jealous. We've finally gotten temps over 5 degrees, so it's warm enough to be out and about, but we don't have any snow to play with. I jacked up my mx4700 to fix my front tire (which rolled off the rim at an inopportune moment) about a week ago and haven't had an excuse to fire it up since. Hopefully we'll get some in the next few days :)

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #17  
In your climate I'd just drive on it until it's packed down. In a week it will all be melted.

Do NOT do that. In this climate it will turn into a thick sheet of ice that is impossible to pry up and will be there long after the snow is melted. Ask me how I know this... I also have a place up in WNY that averages over 140" per year. There you can get away with a base layer because there it stays below freezing for most of the winter and there is always fresh snow for traction. Here in the Old Dominion you are much better off whittling away at it with small swipes or use the FEL if needed until you get down to pavement (or gravel). Then let the sun take care of the last bit. I have basically the same setup as you. It works well but will definitely take longer than the 2-5" we typically get. Don't be shy with her either. You don't need to worry about bending the lift arms going in reverse. The tractor simply isn't heavy enough. I gave mine a fairly agressive workout for 5 hours straight today; cleared 16" of snow off 1300' of driveway and no worse for wear.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #18  
We got about the same amount of snow here 14"-15". My BX1860 with filled turf tires and only using the fel did GREAT (was in 4x low). I displaced a little, maybe more, gravel from the driveway but other than that she did great. Have 75' x 12' circle driveway with 2 aprons to the road. Even cleared a large area in the back yard for the dog. Only took about 3 hours.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #19  
Use the loader and push snow in a herringbone pattern. Once you get one pass done, offset the blade as far as you can to one side, angle the blade so that the part outside the tire track is in the back and go back through widening your path.
ie:
Code:
   / HHHH B
  /  HHHH B
 /
H is the tractor, B is the bucket, / is the blade.

Aaron Z

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #20  
My Kubota B7500 wouldn't go anywhere in 14 inches of snow and above - I had ag tires loaded and ballast box on the rear and it still wouldn't help.