BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #21  
Try opening a path with the FEL then widen it with the blade.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #22  
My Kubota B7500 wouldn't go anywhere in 14 inches of snow and above - I had ag tires loaded and ballast box on the rear and it still wouldn't help.
Ours with R4s goes fine, but you have to clear a path with the loader (which can be a slow process). We use the BX2660 with turfs and a 60" blade for clearing paths. Kick it all the way to one side and set the skids to keep it ~1" off the ground.

Aaron Z

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #23  
I was about maxed out on my B3200 today as well, we had 24" here in the mountains. That said, this little tractor amazes me how well it goes in the snow, switching from R4 to R1 tires made a huge difference in this deep stuff.

360603d1392339783-snowmageddon-p1020121.jpg

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #24  
Man I am jealous of all that snow! We got 5" in 3 hours last night, but it turned to mix at 9pm and then rain at 10pm. By morning all that was left was slush. Getting another 2-3" tonight from backlash snows, which will probably stick due to lower temps.

Was thinking about driving out to WTG to ski tomorrow, but from what I hear the roads are still lousy, and additional overnight snow won't help.

snpower, with that much snow I'd say to lead with the front bucket in float and clean up with the rear blade. The only time that fails is if the snow is wet/heavy or extremely deep, in which case I'd say just clear with the front bucket in manageable bites.

I did notice a lot of packed down snow to the side of the truck, and that's not going to help -- that will be hard to get up with the rear blade. Sometimes it's hard enough to peel up compacted tire tracks!

As for traction, I bet the light weight of the BX is the worst part. When I had a B2920, I noticed traction issues in snow even with 4WD. With my L3200, I have been able to plow in 2WD. The extra weight makes all the difference in the world (and I have R4s, which are not even the best in snow).

Good luck! Have fun!

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #25  
I was about maxed out on my B3200 today as well, we had 24" here in the mountains. That said, this little tractor amazes me how well it goes in the snow, switching from R4 to R1 tires made a huge difference in this deep stuff.

View attachment 360624

That's a great picture! Think you might need a snow blower.... lol ..

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #26  
As I pointed out to another poster, at one point I only had a B2150 and learned some lessons the hard way. If you expect big snow you have to do a couple things. Start early so it doesn't get ahead of you. With 11 inches you should still be ok. When you start removing snow, start way wider than the area you intend to end up with so you can work the snow outwards without it getting too deep to handle. You probably won't get enough snow where you are at to get a lot of chances for experience with bigger snows. Get a feel for it as best as you can. Good luck.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #27  
I plowed 11 inches of wet snow today with the 60 inch blade on my F2100 Kubota with chains on the front wheels. With 12 inch front wheels it was an effort but the little machine will pile up snow 4 feet deep. I have a steep driveway with a 12% grade. I have been amazed at the job this machine has done for me for the last 25 years. Will get to use it again tomorrow morning.

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #28  
I had to run the B3030 for two days removing all that white stuff.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Snow Pile EM.JPG
    Kubota B3030 Snow Pile EM.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 150
   / BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #29  
You could always be "green" and use solar energy.....wait for the June sunshine ;-)

/ BX2360 maxed out with 11" of snow in Central Virginia #30  
I don't know how much snow we got. Maybe 8 - 10" yesterday. Last night we got another 3": ice crust on the bottom, a layer of slush and a 2" crusty snow topping it off. Glad I cleared everything yesterday as that 3" surprise this morning was H-E-A-V-Y. Took me about an hour and a half to clear our two drives, the dead end where our paved drive meets the street and our new neighbors drive.

We had 14" last week and we're fast running out of space to heap the stuff. I really need a blower.