BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #1  

Renob

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 TLB
I have spent some time searching here and have found a great deal of information on this topic.

I am wondering if anyone has yet added rear remotes/top link to their BX23/24 and can suggest any tips, parts supply, etc.

Any recommendations with what valves to use, plumbing tips, cylinder size and sources of parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #2  
I believe the 2-spool valve with power beyond by Eaton-Cessna would be a great choice for a BX series tractor. You can get them from Surplus Center. This one is small enough to fit pretty good either on the fender or mounted to the ROPS with a home made bracket.

As for a top link, try CCM (Carter & Carter Machinery, Hay Equipment Headquarters). They have the ones with the double pilot operated check valves. You will have to measure the extended and retracted lengths of your existing top link and purchase a cylinder that is closest to your dimensions.

Measure for your hoses using an old garden hose. The hoses and fittings can be purchased either locally or from Discount Hydraulic Hose. Exact lengths and fitting types will depend on the components you choose.

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link
Mad,

Wow, 10 minutes for a quality reply. Thanks. Is this site great or what!

Now, please forgive my ignorance. My tractor has power beyond and I can properly hook up the hydro lines for my back hoe. That's because they only goe on one way! Am I correct that I would use these lines to supply the remote valve?

What lines go to what when I plumb the valve?

Is this the correct valve that will work with my tractor?

Surplus Center Item Detail

Thanks in advance for the patience. I see that you have helped many others with their hydraulic projects.

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #4  
That's the valve. You will need the power beyond sleeve too.

Plumbing for your valve depends on how the backhoe is plumbed right now. Someone with a BX will have to help here. I am not exactly sure how the factory plumbing is done for BX backhoes.

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #5  
MadReferee said:
Plumbing for your valve depends on how the backhoe is plumbed right now. Someone with a BX will have to help here. I am not exactly sure how the factory plumbing is done for BX backhoes.

MadReferee, would it be possible for you tell me how the above 2-spool valve with power beyond by Eaton-Cessna would be connected to the BX24?

The hydraulic plumbing at the back of the BX24 (going from the tractor to the BT601 backhoe) has three connectors. Namely: 1) an Outlet hose, 2) a Return pipe, and 3) a Power Beyond pipe.

Can you tell me specifically to what port on the Eaton-Cessna valve each of the above mentioned BX24 hydraulic lines would go?

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #6  
The power beyond connector on the tractor goes to the inlet port on the valve.

The outlet connector on the tractor goes to the power beyond port on the valve.

The return connector on the tractor goes to the tank port on the valve.

This puts the Eaton-Cessna in series with the tractor hydraulics. This all assumes you have the tractor connectors marked correctly.

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #7  
MadReferee said:
The power beyond connector on the tractor goes to the inlet port on the valve.
The outlet connector on the tractor goes to the power beyond port on the valve.
The return connector on the tractor goes to the tank port on the valve.
This puts the Eaton-Cessna in series with the tractor hydraulics. This all assumes you have the tractor connectors marked correctly.

MadReferee, thanks.
I see a (Prince?) valve (#VFG1009) adverised for about $110 that resembles the 2 spool eaton-cessna. Have you heard of it, and might it be used as a substitute for this application?

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #8  
VFG1009 is not listed on the Prince website. Where are you seeing this valve?

/ BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #9  
I just thought I could post the hydraulic section of Princess Auto Parts catalogue. I like their stuff. Prices are in canadian dollars. I splitted the catalogue section in three to fit the download capabilities. Valves are in P2.

Prince is pretty good too.

Attachments

• Princess Auto Parts Hydraulics P1.pdf
    948.8 KB · Views: 8,517
  • Princess Auto Parts Hydraulics P2.pdf
    965.7 KB · Views: 1,044
  • Princess Auto Parts Hydraulics P3.pdf
    709.3 KB · Views: 627
   / BX24 rear remotes/hydraulic top link #10  
MadReferee said:
VFG1009 is not listed on the Prince website. Where are you seeing this valve?

I have seen it listed at TracParts, SSBTractor, TrustyTractor, and eBay.