By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #71  
This is the one of the better ideas I've heard of. I'm trying to wrap my head around how to wire it. If my seat switch has key on power going to it then it'll be easy, but even so there should be a way of making it work. The idea would be that the push button would energize the solenoid which is wired to stay on till the key is shut off at which point the push button would need to be used again to activate the bypass feature.
buzzer
I like this idea as one of my issues with wiring in a permanent switch was what if you forget about turning it off. If I was only educated enough to wire in a logic circuit that would reactivate the seat switch after the seat had been sat in for more than say 10 seconds.
It's simpler to use a double pole switch and have one pole activate a buzzer while switch is in bypass position. This arrangement is not only eaiser to install,it better protect's unorhorized operators,inexperienced operators and even the primary (you) operator.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #72  
It's simpler to use a double pole switch and have one pole activate a buzzer while switch is in bypass position. This arrangement is not only eaiser to install,it better protect's unorhorized operators,inexperienced operators and even the primary (you) operator.
then the buzzer would run continuously and drive one nuts

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #73  
Yeah, it'd be like those infernal back up alarms.

You could do it with an indicator light though, but you'd still need power for that.

I would think that an enterprising entrepreneur could package and sell these relay gizmos pretty easily. Unless the liability lawyers got involved.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #74  
then the buzzer would run continuously and drive one nuts
I suppose you have a point if operator is lazy or too stupid to flip switch back to normal when he return's to seat. It certainly isn't for the guy that use's a 100 DB alarm and normally stand's while operating tractors.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #75  
Mine stays running even if you get off the seat. However the engine will bog and die if you try press the HST pedal. The FEL still works, along with all hydraulics. To me this is the perfect compromise. Sure I dislike not being able to see the QA when I am attaching to a different implement out front, but you get used to it just like parking a car.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #77  
Mine stays running even if you get off the seat. However the engine will bog and die if you try press the HST pedal. The FEL still works, along with all hydraulics. To me this is the perfect compromise. Sure I dislike not being able to see the QA when I am attaching to a different implement out front, but you get used to it just like parking a car.

Very user friendly design!!!

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #78  
Every seat switch I've messed with is a "ground" circuit. No key on power to the switch.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #79  
Yeah, it'd be like those infernal back up alarms.

You could do it with an indicator light though, but you'd still need power for that.

I would think that an enterprising entrepreneur could package and sell these relay gizmos pretty easily. Unless the liability lawyers got involved.
Aside from liability lawyers,it would require nearly as much experience and skill to install a kit as it require's to make up the kit one's self. Before ordering,you must know if (A) switch control's a relay as in the diagram above (a nice one btw) and if switch is n.o. or n.c. and which side - or +is flowing through switch. Or (B) switch only make's and short's out ignition when operator leave's seat. At minimunm,one would need to be comfortable using multi-meter and reading diagram to install kits. Guaranteed 75% of time owner would suspect kit as cause when there was an electrical issue with tractor.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #80  
Re: By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's

My father was always one to disconnect any safety device... when he bought his first saw with a chain brake the first thing he did was take the guts out of it. He was out on his new (1973) snow sled one night and it wouldn't start; he and his buddy yanked and tugged, and tugged and yanked on it until noticing that he had accidentally hit the kill switch. He wasn't long disconnecting that!
After he lost interest in riding the sled mostly set in the shed; occasionally he might take it down across the field. One day the throttle stuck and gave him a scare... apparently he'd forgotten he'd disconnected the kill switch 25 years earlier. He gave me the sled on the condition that I bought a new kill switch. Instead, I just plugged the old one back in.