Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model
Ok, it looks like I found the spring on the Messicks Parts Diagram. See Messicks Parts Diagram 00300 Cylinder Head.

It shows up as a "Return Spring" #130, Part Number 19837-57923. It attaches to the engine block via a "Spring Stay", item #30, part number 16667-57692. The Spring Stay is attached to the engine block behind the Engine Hook and is fastened with the same bolt.

I'm off to see if that Spring Stay is still installed on my Kubota RTV900R6.

Last edited:
   / Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #22  
Are you referring to the pics on top of page 5? If so, it looks like the direction of tension is almost directly in line with the stop solenoid. Maybe the other end of the spring attaches to the stop solenoid structure?

I'll have to go look.

Thanks!

Yes, the pics on page 5.

Just as I thought: there is no "spring stay" behind the engine hook on my RTV900. See pics below.

IMG_0954 (Large).jpegIMG_0955 (Large).jpeg

So I made my own out of 1" stock:

IMG_0957 (Large).jpegIMG_0958 (Large).jpeg

It will be interesting to see what other RTV900 owners and their engines show.

Thanks,

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #24  
I have a rtv 900. I will look at it tomorrow and take a pic of where the spring goes.

We got dumped on with snow last night and most of today. I did not go out because I had a medical procedure yesterday and was a lot gimpy today

We got dumped on with snow last night and most of today. I did not go out because I had a medical procedure yesterday and was a lot gimpy today

No hurry, I got a couple days for parts to arrive.

Thanks!

That looks like the front of the block just under the engine hook.

Thanks,

Had a little ice buildup

Be careful: there's a guy over on NTT dealing with water in the transmission + freezing weather = +$8k repair/tranny replacement. Water got in via a cracked breather and fubared dipstick.

Thanks again1