Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #41  
A lot of questions are location connected. Just don't ask a question or give advice. I don't need someone from Canada telling me what to fill my tires with, and I'm sure he would not approve of my advice on snow moving stuff. Did you glance at my location?:D

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #42  
There are only a handful of anti location posters. They can ignore post with location listed. Location is helpful on many questions

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #43  
Exactly how does a location make it easier to answer a query?

IMO...unless you have lived within a few miles of a location you are not going to know ground conditions...you may be familiar with local businesses but in that respect NOBODY should put that close of a location on the public interweb...it serves NO purpose (that's what PMs are for)...

If you want to do somebody's homework for them and need to know a region to search CL for them just ask via PM...

Telling a noob that not putting their locale in their info will get them less than the best advice is pure baloney...and for the most part they are just being nosy

A few miles? Heck, I've got about 8 distinct soil types on just my 20 acres. There's literally a hundred in just my county here in northern Indiana.

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #44  
I don't think it's so much that someone asks for someone's location, it's how they TELL the poster to list their location rather than ASKING the poster where they're located that ticks some of us off. It's rudely done.

Tell VS Ask

Ask politely if they'd give their location and explain why it might help. Don't TELL people what to do. Common manners and courtesy would work a lot better.

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #45  
Location is optional. Asking for somebody's location in the context of answering a thread is allowed. We don't censor posts based on quality of the reply, only if the content is offensive or breaks one of the few rules we have.

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #46  
I really don’t see the point. A general location like a state or even worse which 1/3 or the county isn’t helpful at all for ground conditions. Heck I did a backhoe job 1.5 miles from my house and I was amazed at how much different his soil was vs mine. I own a property 70 miles from my house and again completely different ground conditions. I also don’t understand the problem with posting a state. Like someone is going to drive past hundreds of tractors to come steal yours? And I agree Jeff is annoying posting his frequent cut and past replies.

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #47  
Kind of funny....the only time I tend to really be interested in someone's location is when they post some sort of picture, and the background looks really scenic. First thing I do is check to see if they have a location posted, just to see where the nice pic came from. Always a bit disappointed when it's not there.

Wife & I are avid hikers, and I've posted numerous pix from our treks in SE Ohio, just for this very reason. I think it's human nature, when you see something nice, to wonder where it is. No devious intent here. As a good-will gesture, here's an interesting rock formation in the Hocking State Forest, in Hocking County Ohio. Yes, close to where we live....:) (For scale, you could park a Honda Civic right on top of the rock.)

Attachments

• 006 (2).JPG
    006 (2).JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 77
   / Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #48  
No one should feel forced to provide a location if they don't want to. However it is helpful. Not only for weather/environment but also potential dealers.

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #49  
YOU may actually be the one causing "unnecessary discord and distraction in too many threads".
It appears that you have a phobia about the location issue.

My first thought as well.

/ Can we put an official STOP to the constant nagging about location, location, locati #50  
There are only a handful of anti location posters. They can ignore post with location listed. Location is helpful on many questions

Knowing your location didn't validate your post in any way to me.

As I don't believe knowing mine will help you in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.