Carbon Dioxide

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Carbon Dioxide #81  
I don’t care about the CO2. I am skeptical of the impact to begin with but even if it is bad there is zero chance the rest of the world is going to do anything about it. The US will cripple itself with all the green regulations while the rest of the world continues to pollute. It doesn’t do much good to stop peeing in the pool when the people on the other side continue to do so and we are all in the same pool.

if you search hard enough you can find some study that says virtually anything humans do is bad for the environment. Personally I just don’t buy it nor do I care. i am not going to go dump my used motor oil in the creek and I think it is wise to do things within reason to be good stewards of the earth but I am all for our way of life and if it ultimately ends up killing us off so be it.

/ Carbon Dioxide #82  
The latest atmospheric measurements of CO2 come in at 412 parts per million. This is the highest in more than several lifetimes, an increase of 47% since the start of the industrial revolution and 11% since the year 2000!

Carbon Dioxide functions like a Heat Blanket in the atmosphere, trapping sunlight energy and increasing the surface temperature of the Earth. This vast increase in the last twenty-four years is a direct result of increased combustion of fossil fuels....Oil and Coal.

Please tell me you hate this news, please tell me you don't believe in science but please listen. The audience of this forum is largely rural. Your interests should be aligned with a healthy environment and sustained ability of YOUR climate to support life as you wish it to be. The evidences of drought, elevated temperatures in many parts of the country, resulting fires and diminishing Glacial coverage at high elevations, more frequent and more intense Hurricanes striking the SE coast are not a hoax. All I, or anyone aware of the facts asks, is to please quit rebelling against improvements in how we conduct our operations. Look forward to vastly improved environmental tools and equipment and take pride, in taking part.
Take a moment and read tis information. His qualifications are at the top.

Boy is this going to bum out Greta and Gore
Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide, and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies.
He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.
Born 12 February 1946
Residence Australia
Nationality Australian
Fields Earth Science , Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions University of New England ,University of Newcastle,University of Melbourne,University of Adelaide
Alma mater
University of New South Wales ,Macquarie University
Thesis
The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable awards Eureka Prize (1995, 2002),Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal
(2004)
Source. Wikipedia

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree; this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland. Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.
Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - its that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.
I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs..... well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.
The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland which has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.
I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.
Yes, folks, Mt. Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.
Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year. Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.
Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just "Climate Change" - you know why?
It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull**** artists got caught with their pants down. And, just keep in mind that you might yet be stuck with an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.
It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

/ Carbon Dioxide #83  
The latest atmospheric measurements of CO2 come in at 412 parts per million. This is the highest in more than several lifetimes, an increase of 47% since the start of the industrial revolution and 11% since the year 2000!

Carbon Dioxide functions like a Heat Blanket in the atmosphere, trapping sunlight energy and increasing the surface temperature of the Earth. This vast increase in the last twenty-four years is a direct result of increased combustion of fossil fuels....Oil and Coal.

Please tell me you hate this news, please tell me you don't believe in science but please listen. The audience of this forum is largely rural. Your interests should be aligned with a healthy environment and sustained ability of YOUR climate to support life as you wish it to be. The evidences of drought, elevated temperatures in many parts of the country, resulting fires and diminishing Glacial coverage at high elevations, more frequent and more intense Hurricanes striking the SE coast are not a hoax. All I, or anyone aware of the facts asks, is to please quit rebelling against improvements in how we conduct our operations. Look forward to vastly improved environmental tools and equipment and take pride, in taking

/ Carbon Dioxide #84  
Maybe we should increase the CO2. Greenhouses often have CO2 levels of 750+ ppm because the plants grow better. Quit being mean to plants. Our leafy brethren can use the additional CO2.

/ Carbon Dioxide #85  
Maybe we should increase the CO2. Greenhouses often have CO2 levels of 750+ ppm because the plants grow better. Quit being mean to plants. Our leafy brethren can use the additional CO2.
Until all the plants cook. Would we then be cooked as well?? :mad:

/ Carbon Dioxide #86  

Please tell me you hate this news, please tell me you don't believe in science but please listen. The audience of this forum is largely rural. Your interests should be aligned with a healthy environment and sustained ability of YOUR climate to support life as you wish it to be. The evidences of drought, elevated temperatures in many parts of the country, resulting fires and diminishing Glacial coverage at high elevations, more frequent and more intense Hurricanes striking the SE coast are not a hoax. All I, or anyone aware of the facts asks, is to please quit rebelling against improvements in how we conduct our operations. Look forward to vastly improved environmental tools and equipment and take pride, in taking part.
This is a good thing CO2 is not a poisonous gas it is the building block of all life. Historically we have had up to 2000 ppm. During these higher CO2 levels plant and animal life thrive. Greenhouse routinely add CO2 to their grow rooms to increase the health and growth of plants. Remember the life cycle and forgot the fear tactics from the global corporations who are the actual polluter spraying chemicals and heavy metals into the atmosphere. Eugenicist Bill Gates has diabolical plans for the human population A Bill Gates Venture Aims To Spray Dust Into The Atmosphere To Block The Sun. What Could Go Wrong?

/ Carbon Dioxide #87  
Most definitely not Politics. Confusing basic science with politics is like confusing gravity with pizza. My sole purpose in this post was to present facts and stimulate thinking regarding selection and operation of various internal combustion tools. Nothing can or will change overnight. Consider the possibility of improvement, wherever possible, for you.
Not to disagree with your facts, I will readily accept them. However, your focus on the activities of rural life to be the big contributir I take major issues with— take some air samples of a truly rural area (not a frw mikes from an industrialized area) and sample of a major metropolitan area (New York or LA for example). The results will be clear! Most of us only need to look at our sky lines to know this truth. As for current battery production and battery charging facilities—well tyey are at least as big a contributor as your selected audience on this forum, likely larger!

/ Carbon Dioxide #88  

Useful reading on what we know and don’t know. The notion that people are rebelling is nonsense.

Last edited:
   / Carbon Dioxide #89  
We wouldn't exist without climate change. The world would still be full of dinosaurs. Couldn't change it then either.

/ Carbon Dioxide #90  

I do not come to a Tractor website to hear proselytizing regarding the climate religion. My Kubota runs well on carbon fuels, and China pumps out twice the CO2 as the US. Our emissions are declining as theirs skyrocket. China poured 140% of the cement the US did in the entire 20th Century in just 3 years. The earth was once 1 connected continent; at other times it was entirely ice. 12,000 years ago the Great Lakes were glaciers, and began receding well before organic fuels like coal, oil and natural gas were used by man. I like more power in my tractors and vehicles, but not more control over my life from power-hungry governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.