Carolina Implement Grapple?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #42  
Strange. This spring I've visited Kioti, Kubota & JD dealerships. Just to keep up on anything new. I don't remember seeing a single tractor at any of these three dealerships that didn't have the FEL on it. That was more than 75 brand new units.

That is - except for the really large tractors at the JD dealership.

Different areas - different needs.

From my perspective - buying a tractor w/out the FEL is like buying a car w/out the wheels or without the seats. JMHO

Last edited:
   / Carolina Implement Grapple?
Strange. This spring I've visited Kioti, Kubota & JD dealerships. Just to keep up on anything new. I don't remember seeing a single tractor at any of these three dealerships that didn't have the FEL on it. That was more than 75 brand new units.

That is - except for the really large tractors at the JD dealership.

Different areas - different needs.
I purchased the tractor for a song with just 4.1 hours on it (and a brand new rotary cutter) from the original owner. Apparently they purchased it to mow and nothing else so they bought it without the FEL. The rotary cutter has never seen a single blade of grass. The whole thing was very strange but I'm happy to have it.

Last edited:
   / Carolina Implement Grapple? #44  
Land Pride SGC 1560. 60" wide - 820 pounds of AR400 steel. Ready to go to work. My Kubota M6040 came with 3.7 hours on the clock.

Again - I think that grapple is, perhaps, a once in a lifetime good "grab". You should be well pleased with it.

One other thing. You would be well advised to modify your grill guard also. Sticks, stobs & limbs have a very nasty way of finding your radiator, grill and battery. This is how a young fellow at the local welding shop modified my grill guard.
IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg

Land Pride SGC 1560. 60" wide - 820 pounds of AR400 steel. Ready to go to work. My Kubota M6040 came with 3.7 hours on the clock.

Again - I think that grapple is, perhaps, a once in a lifetime good "grab". You should be well pleased with it.

One other thing. You would be well advised to modify your grill guard also. Sticks, stobs & limbs have a very nasty way of finding your radiator, grill and battery. This is how a young fellow at the local welding shop modified my grill guard.
View attachment 864975View attachment 864976
Good call. Looks like he did a good job on yours.

A quick search turned up this insert from Broken Anvil Metalworks. Looks like it would help.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 36
   / Carolina Implement Grapple? #46  
So Wicked 55" (out of business) 250lbs
Wicked 60" (out of business) 400lbs
Carolina 62" Standard 440lbs
Carolina 62" HD 480lbs
Land Pride 60" 820lbs

Yes, that Carolina with AR400 looks like a near perfect replacement for the company that killed itself. I'd jump on that if I had to buy again right now.

They just need to fill in with a sub 300lb model with AR400 and teeth for tractors with under 1ton of lift. Having used mine for a while now on a CK Kioti I like the lift capacity right where it is and wouldn't want to go over 300lbs if possible. 400 is certainly ok-ish though and I would personally put that "at the limit" of what I'd be willing to give up on lift.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #48  
I think that's a different company.

The Carolina website says they use A36 steel.

I'm not educated enough to know how much difference between that and AR400.

I made the same mistake when I was trying to find information on this grapple. That website is for Carolina Attachments. The grapple that I purchased is Carolina Implements which doesn’t appear to have a website. I was told that they are dealer direct only.

So Wicked 55" (out of business) 250lbs
Wicked 60" (out of business) 400lbs
Carolina 62" Standard 440lbs
Carolina 62" HD 480lbs
Land Pride 60" 820lbs

Yes, that Carolina with AR400 looks like a near perfect replacement for the company that killed itself. I'd jump on that if I had to buy again right now.

They just need to fill in with a sub 300lb model with AR400 and teeth for tractors with under 1ton of lift. Having used mine for a while now on a CK Kioti I like the lift capacity right where it is and wouldn't want to go over 300lbs if possible. 400 is certainly ok-ish though and I would personally put that "at the limit" of what I'd be willing to give up on lift.
I just sent Connor Tractor a message about the 54 inch version (which they are out of) and here is the reply from the owner.

“There is a 54" standard duty which weighs 275lbs for $1595. That is the only option in the 54”. Cylinders are on top because there is not enough space beside the QA plate.”

Might be an option for some since Wicked is no longer available.

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg