Century Tractor with Cummins Engine

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #11  
The new Branson 4720 will have a Kukje-manufactured engine. Will that engine be identical to an engine Kukje may be manufacturing for Cummins? Maybe.........(wink-wink) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Will Branson dealers be able to advertise it as a Cummins? Nope......... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Will we see them before, oh, about February or March? Nope again..........

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #12  
I just got my 3647 and I love it. I didn't need any loaders, so it's just the tractor. I pull a 5ft. bushhog and a 6 foot boxblade on my 12 acres.
It's a lexus compared to my old MF135!
I compared everything out there (I'm an engineer) and this was far and away the best thing going.

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #13  
I think what you can read into this is...... if Cummins has a joint venture with Kukje to market these lower HP engines as the "A" series with a Cummins name, you can bet that Cummins engineers have collaborated with Kukje engineers on a few things. Now whether Cummins would allow kukje to use their name in these tractors they are building and sticking in the same engine...???? I suppose that could be an income opportunity for Cummins. It's good to know that at least the Cummins name means something to people out there.

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #14  
I guess I'll put my 2 cents into this thread too.....I was told that Kuje makes all small Cummins engines ( tractors and light trucks). That my be wrong though. Also, as far as the EPA goes....I know when they upped the emission standards on Class 8 trucks, one manufacturer (Catapillar) decided not to change their engine and as a result the EPA imposed a per engine fine....Which is eventually passed onto the customer.

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #15  
wrongway539 , Cummins sells the "A" series made by Kukje to the industrial market to have a low hp offering. They also sell a 3.3 litre engine made by Komatsu. The engine for the Dodge pickup is made in Walesboro In. Other engines used in Case tractors for example are made in Rocky Mount, NC. The point I was trying to make was that the relationship between Cummins and Kukje, probably included some technology improvement to the Kukje engine...through collaboration with Cummins engineers especially in meeting tier II emissions. That is probably a good thing for people buying Branson/ Century tractors.

sassafras

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #16  
nobody asked me for my 2 cents worth, but here it is anyway.
It is my understanding that Cummins owns about 30% of Kukje... OK, fine.... I also undertstand that Ford owns some of Cummins. If a Ford owned Cummins is in a Dodge pickup, ?????
There is no telling how much of what percent of any global company is owned by some other company that is supposedely in competetion with them in the first place. (what a tangeled web we weave!)

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #17  
virgil
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is my understanding that Cummins owns about 30% of Kukje... )</font>
How did you come to understand that. Please do not take it personaly but I just want to seperate fact from rumor.
Thanks
Chipperman
PS: Are yo ucomming to Louisville? If so stop by the American Jawa booth.

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine
FYI, From the Cummins Website:

"Does Ford own Cummins?

No, Ford does not own any part of Cummins Inc."

/ Century Tractor with Cummins Engine #20  
Actually, Ford did own a small percentage of Cummins during the 80's....maybe about 7% if memory serves me right. They later sold their share. This was during a time when Cummins was being pursued by a corporate raider. It was in Ford's interest to keep the raider out. So don't beat up on Virgil too hard...his info is just a little old.