Chevy truck fails crash test

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #51  
So, the skin is the same as the "HEAVY DUTY" 3/4 and 1 ton models. I wonder how different the frame strength is.

Last I knew until you hit the dually category (maybe 3500 single axle) all GM trucks use the same frame and cab. Only engine, and suspension components are changed. I know the leaf springs from a 3500 single axle will fit under a 1500 and vise-versa.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #52  
Stopped in right lane of two lanes of traffic. Look in mirror and semi is sliding toward me. Thought about shoulder dive then quickly realized that's where he was going. If I had, he would have ran over me. The rear end of his trailer stopped 100ft past me.

These incidents are fate and it's dealt quickly.
Very true, but in both cases you and Step made the right choice because of driving, watching mirrors, etc.
We were passengers in a car that was totalled a few years ago, squashed between two SUVs. The girl from behind was eating, texting, and putting on makeup. She said she looked up, saw traffic stopped, panicked and hit the gas!

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #53  
Last I knew until you hit the dually category (maybe 3500 single axle) all GM trucks use the same frame and cab. Only engine, and suspension components are changed. I know the leaf springs from a 3500 single axle will fit under a 1500 and vise-versa.

Ah...NO.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #54  
I've owned a few domestic trucks in my day and always felt quite safe in them until I see the occasional accident where one flips upside down and the roof is flattened down to the top of the doors.

I don't think these trucks are nearly as well built in the greenhouse area as they "feel" when driving them. I do some work for the local bodyshops and see them in pieces on the shop floor. None of the new vehicles look very well built these days.

100% correct. In the new trucks and cars they are meant to take the force out of the accident. Only way to lessen the force felt by passengers is for something to take and absorb the force. By doing this and weakening the main components of the vehicles you get "safer" vehicles but not in extreme cases like this.

The way they strengthen the vehicles now they don't add material like they used to in the 70s they add bends and crimps making lightweight materials more rigid but not stronger.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #56  
Difference between same dimensions and same part #. (UAW locals 599, 598, 659) My '84 & '99 K2500s had chassis' that didn't rot with age and leave bumpers and/or hitches on the road. Lotsa half-ton Chevies did that, but I dunno which years the worst ones did that.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #57  
I should've specified I'm not sure about the newer trucks but in 03-07 era of GM trucks the frames were the same for my 1500 and the 2500.

I’m pretty certain that’s not right but I don’t have a half ton to compare to. Maybe a 1500HD that’s really a 2500, but I can’t find anything to support that a regular 1500 and a 2500 use the same frame. Much less a 1500 and a SRW 3500.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #58  
No, it's only the ones that want to refute the truth of the science and the physical evidence because it proves them to be mistaken...

It's the nature of conspiracy theories to seek opposing professional opinions and conjecture...just look at the climate change debate...There will always be those that refute the truth regardless of the evidence...

Those that tend to believe something because they listen and heed those that refute evidence are considered gullible and their opinions are mostly ignored except by others with the same affliction.

delete

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #59  
I should've specified I'm not sure about the newer trucks but in 03-07 era of GM trucks the frames were the same for my 1500 and the 2500.

Having the same plow mounts is not a qualifier for having the same frames. Many times certain parts of the frame will be strengthened on the HD trucks and it will be hard for a person to see it.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #60  
Looks to me like a normal idiot who passed the green tractor , whipped in behind the other rig , and decided they were going to miss their exit . Slammed the brakes , and we have tinfoil . Elegant . Kevin .

The caption should read

“ I shouldn’ t have a CDL as I am absent minded, did not watch traffic in front of me and killed the passengers in this pick up truck”

And

“ watch out there are many other bad drivers in these big rigs just waiting to hurt or kill you too!”