Chevy truck fails crash test

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #61  
The caption should read

“ I shouldn’ t have a CDL as I am absent minded, did not watch traffic in front of me and killed the passengers in this pick up truck”

And

“ watch out there are many other bad drivers in these big rigs just waiting to hurt or kill you too!”

It wasn’t the green semis fault. It was hit from behind by another semi.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #63  
It wasn’t the green semis fault. It was hit from behind by another semi.

At this time my statement needs not be corrected as no matter how it’s said the pick up truck driver wasn’t at fault otherwise there wouldn’t be a truck in front of him.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #64  
At this time my statement needs not be corrected as no matter how it’s said the pick up truck driver wasn’t at fault otherwise there wouldn’t be a truck in front of him.

Maybe so, but I would rather have a semi behind me than some idiot driving a passenger auto that they don't care to learn to drive. When travelling up the interstate in a snowstorm I try to get behind a tractor trailer traveling at a sane speed, and use him to keep my own speed down. I keep about 264 feet behind him, using the road markers as a guide.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #65  
It sure seems like the semi in front was NOT moving.....that was the problem.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #66  
Better you than me!

I know how hard it is to stop a truck with a load on snow and Ice! I don’t want you anywhere around me especially in the front!

Take some time and watch some video of trucks trying to stop in the snow. Just search for pile ups. That one that happend out in Wyoming is a good example.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #67  
Better you than me!

I know how hard it is to stop a truck with a load on snow and Ice! I don’t want you anywhere around me especially in the front!

Take some time and watch some video of trucks trying to stop in the snow. Just search for pile ups. That one that happend out in Wyoming is a good example.

Yep, you sound like a truck driver; nobody should be on the road but you. Pile ups happen because people are following too closely; when somebody starts tailgating me I will increase the buffer in front of me accordingly. Or I gtf off the road until the idiots are down the road.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #68  
Yep, you sound like a truck driver; nobody should be on the road but you. Pile ups happen because people are following too closely; when somebody starts tailgating me I will increase the buffer in front of me accordingly. Or I gtf off the road until the idiots are down the road.
As long as you have enough following distance to stop before hitting the vehicle in front of you, who cares how close the people behind you are? If they rear end you, it is their fault and their insurance's problem, not yours.

Aaron Z

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #69  
As long as you have enough following distance to stop before hitting the vehicle in front of you, who cares how close the people behind you are? If they rear end you, it is their fault and their insurance's problem, not yours.

Aaron Z
It's like my wife says about If they rear end you, it is their fault and their insurance's problem, not yours, "who cares about insurance when you're dead".
The people here that lived to tell about it immediately got off the road when they saw vehicle approaching in mirror. I think that's why a lot of old people drive slow!
I never tailgate anymore and let tailgaters go by me.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #70  
It's like my wife says about If they rear end you, it is their fault and their insurance's problem, not yours, "who cares about insurance when you're dead".
The people here that lived to tell about it immediately got off the road when they saw vehicle approaching in mirror. I think that's why a lot of old people drive slow!
I never tailgate anymore and let tailgaters go by me.
Along with that, I have better things to do than deal with the aftermath of being in a crash.